62.

...

Next Morning

...

Anika smiled to herself as she watched the sunrise in the distance above the ocean. She was currently in the pool outside of the beach house, enjoying the oncoming warmth from the sun.

Cookie was still asleep. On days that she didn't need to wake up at 6am, she usually didn't, and Anika couldn't blame her. Anika was more of a morning person herself, because she always looked forward to watching the sunrise when she lived on the island.

She felt so relieved to be here with Cookie. Just she and her, no one else getting involved and no one else clouding Cookies head or making her second guess herself. It was obvious that the confidence was starting to absorb into her, because she's been flirting with Anika like crazy since before they left. Especially over the course of the previous month after Tori left, she was especially confident.

She would make out with Anika out of the blue, sit on her lap when she would be falling asleep, and send her random selfies just above her chest when she was fresh out of the shower. She would volunteer to try to style Anika's hair for her, and sometimes try to spoon Anika instead of Anika spooning her. Although, these things weren't done in a dominant way, but affectionate. Anika didn't mind, it made her happy to know that Cookie was only becoming closer to her. She was glad that she allowed her to come to her on her own, because now that she did and is still doing so, she's becoming more comfortable faster than Anika expected her to.

...

An hour later in the middle of Anika closing her eyes and enjoying the sun rays, her phone vibrated. Checking it, she realized that Cookie had texted her.

Cookie: "Hey, where are you?"

Anika grinned. She liked when Cookie thought about her. Missing her, thinking about her whereabouts. Instead of just sending a simple text, she sent a photo as well.

 Instead of just sending a simple text, she sent a photo as well

Anika: "Outside in the pool watching the sunrise. Join me?"

Cookies eyes widened slightly as she stared at the photo. It was quite unexpected for her to send a picture of her that was so...straightforward?

She smiled lightly, then sending a picture back to Anika.