32.

...

Three Days Later

...

Hakeem jumped down from the rehearsal stage, feeling pleased with his performance. His father stood a distance away from him, his arms crossed. Judging and examining.

Hakeem walked up to him with full confidence. "So dad, what you thinkin'?" He asked. "I think you're missing a key part of what being a performer is about." He said, making Hakeem sigh. "You're too busy trying to look good for your little girlfriend and other little girls in the crowd but that's stopping your lyrics from being impactful." Said Lucious.

In the middle of their conversation, Anika was seen approaching them from a distance. "Imma let y'all talk." Said Hakeem, turning and walking away. Lucious sucked his teeth.

She stepped up to him, a tablet down in her hands and her eyes not bothering to make eye contact with his. Her facial expression was straight and strong, while her voice was blunt. "You have a shareholders meeting today alongside Andre at five." She said plainly. Usually Becky was to be reporting things like this, but because she's so busy with Cookie being gone, Anika had to take matters into her own hands.

"Alright." He said with a grimacing tone. Anika turned to walk away, but Lucious stopped her. "Aren't you forgetting something?" He asked. He held up his hand next to his face, then tapping a ring on his ring finger with his opposite hand.

She sucked her teeth, knowing that she wasn't wearing the wedding ring. She then gave an annoyed smile. "I gave you what you want..." she trailed off, turning the tablet towards him to show what was on it.

"Now give me what I don't." She finished, giving him a dark stare that matched his own. She then turned to walk away, while he stood still, his face becoming full of subtle rage.

...

Night

Day Six In Miami

...

Cookie laid in her hotel bedroom, her back against the headboard while a glass of wine was in her hand. She was in the process of flipping through channels to watch. Something to get her mind off of Anika.

The flipped through a channel that she swore she saw the headline "Empire" on. The gasped, then flicked back to it.

The reporter channel was sure enough talking about Empire

The reporter channel was sure enough talking about Empire. But not so much the company, but who is in it.

"About six days ago, Lucious Lyon, owner of the multimillion dollar music company Empire, and Anika Calhoun the head of A&R of the company reportedly divorced.

Cookie gasped. "They what?!" She exclaimed. Her eyes widened as she stared at the screen.

The couple started became engaged last February of 2018, then married about a year after. Lucious Lyon claims that things started to go downhill after his ex-wife Cookie Lyon returned to the company.