54.

...

Continued

...

Anika stormed quickly into Leviticus, her mind clouded with the memory of Tori kissing her. "Dammit! Dammit!" She exclaimed, groaning.

She wanted to just grab Cookies hand and yank her home with her. But she had no idea how she would explain this to her. She didn't want to lie to her or keep it from her but she couldn't bare to look her in the face and tell her what happened especially after she's always too afraid to tell her the confession she just made.

She looked through the crowd of people, looking for Lucious so that she could give him the hard drive and leave. She found him talking to Andre at one of the bars, and she quickly handed it to him. He had ultimately trapped her in a conversation regarding Andre's calculations for their estimated income drop.

The moment he was done, she broke away to go find Cookie. Cookie stood at the bar talking to Jamal. "Are you sure that everything is good between y'all?" Jamal asked. Cookie nodded. "I think so.." Cookie said, looking down at the flower she held in her hand. Jamal smiled lightly. "I hope so, because I just did this for you- You didn't have to go and take a break from making music, baby." She said. "Yeah, I know. But what you've been telling me regarding your stress and this whole finding yourself situation you've been going through, it made me think about me too. How dad is just exploiting me for profit. Using me as his little show monkey simply because he cares about how much money he's making rather than connecting with his son." Said Jamal.

"You and my brothers are the only ones who accept me. And until he does too, he's not getting a damn thing from me. But you inspired me to do this." He said. Cookie reached up to grab his chin. "I love you so much, Mal'. Thank you for doing this for me. And I'd say your father does need a taste of his own medicine. But, as soon as you get done going on strike you gotta make a track or two baby, because you need to eat." Cookie said, then lightly slapping the side of his face. He groaned, then laughing.

Jamal saw Anika approaching from a distance. "Look who's coming for you.." he said. Cookie smiled lightly, then turning her head to look at her. Once Anika saw her face, her innocent and clueless face, she felt like a piece of her heart had broken. "Hey..." she said. Anika could hardly bare to look her in her eyes. "Hey..." Anika said, somewhat of an exasperated look on her face. "Uh...are you okay?" Cookie asked. "I'm fine..." Anika said, then looking Cookie in her eyes. She slowly shook her head. "You know what, no...I'm not...I'm not fine..." she said, sighing. "Oh...is there something you have to tell me?" Cookie asked, her eyes batting. Jamal stared in confusion. Anika gulped. She knew that this would hurt. She knew that this would sting.

"Yes...there is. Cookie I really need to talk to you. But it can't wait until later. I have to say it now. So come with me." Anika said. Cookie looked confused. "Okay..." she said, and Anika grabbed her hand. She yanked her away towards the balcony. Jamal watched as they left, raising an eyebrow and wondering why Anika was acting so strangely.

...

Anika stood over the balcony, looking out at the view below. She released a sigh. Cookie stood standing against the wall by the door, confused. The warm wind blew lightly, making her hair sway gently.

"What's going on?" Cookie asked, her face falling to pure concern. Anika put her elbows onto the balcony, rubbing her face. "I have ruined everything." She mumbled. "I'm confused, Anika.." Cookie said. Anika walked up to her, grabbing her hands. "Cookie..." she said, looking into her eyes. Cookie stared back at her, her face full of curiosity. "You deserve to be mad at me." Anika said. "You deserve to even hate me. Just like you did before." Anika said. Cookie raised an eyebrow. "I mean, I was mad at you, but I'm not anymore. You've shown me that you truly do care. And I care about you too." She said, smiling lightly. Once Anika heard these words, she groaned.