38.

...

Road Trip: Day 3

...

Now the third day of the road trip, Cookie and Anika were back on the road again and heading to Stowe, Vermont.

While spending the night in Newport, Rhode Island the women were quick to try the famous lobster rolls. They also attended a music festival, ate more delicious meals then going to wineries. They headed to many shops to buy small souvenirs to remember the location. Anika also took Cookie to the Cliff Walk, which is a place of peace with panoramic ocean views, crashing waves and the perfect amount of sea breeze on one side and stunning, century-old, Gilded Age mansions on the other.

The women made another part to their video documentation of their trip, Cookie holding up all the things she bought while the water swayed behind them

...

The snow seemed to be melting now, because it was becoming much warmer out. In the fifties and sixties at this point, the women didn't mind spending more time outside.

...

Now on their way to Vermont, Cookie and Anika were currently listening to music together, singing and laughing together to the lyrics. Anika bobbing her head while Cookie swayed back and forth to it. They had a lot more in common with music choices than Cookie expected.

Once the song died down, Anika grabbed Cookies hand. "We have a four hour drive ahead of us." Said Anika. Cookie looked down at her hand holding hers.  "Okay...well all I know is, I'm starving." Said Cookie. Anika chuckled. "Me too. We could stop at a gas station if we see one." Said Anika. "Hopefully nobody moons you this time." Said Cookie.

"I think that was just a New York thing." Anika replied. "Trust me, I think so too." Said Cookie.

After no gas stations seeming to be in sight, Cookie eventually felt her eyes becoming heavy. Anika looked over her her. "There she goes falling asleep again. I guess my driving relaxes her." Whispered Anika, smiling lightly.

A few hours later, Cookie opened her eyes again. "Are we there yet?" She asked, her voice drowsy while she turned around to face Anika. "We have about an hour and a half left. I see a restaurant up ahead. Want to stop there?" Anika asked. Cookies head popped up suddenly. "Oh of course.." said Cookie, sitting up and beginning to stretch.

They pulled into the parking lot, then looking up at the place. It didn't seem too clean, it looked like it was practically falling apart. The sign looked as if it had stopped working, while the outside had a old red color painted on it.