127.

...

Five Years Later

...

A pair of high heels scurried across the shining buffed floor, brushing by people and greeting them. A small stack of documents were held in their hands. "Excuse me, sorry." They said, brushing by a crowd of people. The building had a beautiful lobby, holding a modern design with glass rooms and high ceilings.

They scurried towards a flight of stairs, checking their watch as they headed towards the second floor

They walked towards an office at the end of the hallway, the door wide open. She could hear typing on a keyboard. They saw another person sitting at a desk typing away, long black hair hanging down their back while wearing a loose but tied black jumpsuit. A golden necklace hung in the middle of their chest. A knock on the door interrupted them.

"Well you seem to be hard at work." Said the person, leaning against the door with a grin. The person turned around, grinning. "And so do you." The other person answered. Their desk was approached, and the stack of papers was sat upon it. They were spoken to flirtatiously. "Hello, Mrs. Calhoun." Anika said with a smirk, leaning over the desk and towards her. "Hello, Mrs. Calhoun." Lori replied, allowing a sultry peck to be placed onto her lips.

Anika's hair was longer now, as in, past her shoulders. Curly and hanging down free, she decided to let it grow out again. Not only did she miss the pattern and Lori wanted to see it, but her life has also became extremely busy over the past five years. Once they finally got settled in Oregon, they finally started to establish a new lives for themselves completely. This also means new careers.

Anika was reluctant at first about joining Andre and Empire in business, but once she realized how much easier it would be to work within the company when she does not have to get directly involved and it isn't owned by someone as crazy as Lucious Lyon, it wasn't so bad. She and Cookie had the opportunity to stay in Oregon, and just as Andre suggested, they tried creating a company that works as a recruitment company for artists.

Both women were surprised by the turnout. With some assistance from Empire and some paperwork, they managed to build an entire company within Oregon where both Lori and Anika are CEOs. There, they received an afflux of artists from all over the west coast looking to show off their talents with such heavy traffic.