75.

...

3 Months Pass

...

Smooth hands coursed along Cookies' oiled and smooth back. Her skin glistening from the lit candles nearby. "I'm in a sexy mood, baby..." Anika sang along quietly to the smooth lyrics of 'Turn off the lights' by Teddy Pendergrass.

Cookie let out a hum. Anika's hands moved down to her sides. "Do you really think a nude massage was necessary?" Cookie asked, grinning. Anika furrowed her eyebrows as if it was obvious. "Of course it is, I can't just massage one part of you.." Anika chuckled, her hands then going to Cookies upper thighs. She blushed lightly, then showing a slight grin.

Things started to become more serious in Cookies mind, and soon enough she began asking harder questions. She broke the silence, finally speaking. "Why haven't you woken up yet?" She asked.

Anika didn't reply right away, instead she leaned down to kiss Cookies back slowly a few times. Cookie released another hum as she felt her soft lips leading down and across her back, but she had to remain persistent. "Anika..." Cookie replied, this time it sounded almost like a whine. Anika continued to kiss her back, but finally replying. "I'm trying to..." She said.

Cookie released a huff. "I am...I miss you just as much as you miss me, you know." Anika said. "I don't know if it should be taking this long...-relax, it'll be fine. I promise..." Anika said, leading her kisses up to the back of her neck. Anika leaned down to the side of her face, and Cookie stared at her.

She raised up her hand to put it on the side of Anika's face. "I can't last that long without you..." she mumbled. "You won't have to..." Anika replied, then leaning in to give a passionate peck onto her lips. Cookie continued to stare at her face once she pulled away. Her face filled with concern and fear. "Don't give up..." Cookie mumbled. "I won't. I promise." Anika replied, leaning in to kiss her once again. Cookie put her hand onto the back of her head, trying to relish in this embrace for as long as she could.

...

Cookies eyes shot open. She could hear faint cars honking from far below her, the daylight shining on her back. She faced the empty side of her bed. It seemed so cold, now. Her life, that is. Dull. Melancholy. It was missing it's light.

It's been three months, now. Three months of Anika being in a coma. Three months of Cookie isolating herself, and three months of her self-care lacking. Her motivation seemed taboo, now.

There was a hefty knock on the door, but it was ignored as it usually is. Cookies door usually remained shut, regardless of who knocked. Either it be her own sisters or Jamal, it was treated as if it was nonexistent. Her communication skills were depleting. And all of this was because of the piece of her that still remained gone.

...

The doorknob turned swiftly after a jingling of keys were heard. The door opened quickly, and a husky yet familiar voice called out.

"Mom?"

No reply. The door shut, and feet moved across the floor quickly. Soon, Cookie heard them come to a halt. She felt her bed move the slightest.

It was silent, Her middle son staring at his mother with a saddened look on his face. "Mom...how are you?" Jamal asked. "How did you get in?" She mumbled, not bothering to look over at him or embrace him in any way. "Aunt Candace gave me a key, I couldn't stand knocking and knowing you're on the other side of the door and not answering. I just think that someone should be here with you.." He said.

"I'm fine, Jamal." She said. "How many times are you going to keep saying that when it's obvious that you're doing worse each month-" His mother scoffed. "Is that what you came here to say to me?" She asked coldly. He sighed, taking time to stare at her.