22.

...

Next Day

...

Cookie opened her eyes the second her alarm went off. She knew that Empire needed her greatly, and usually she wouldn't put her job on hold for anyone, but right now all she could think about was going to see Anika.

...

She stood in the front of her mirror, straightening her hair as she spoke on the phone. "So, do you know how she is doing?" A woman's voice said from the other side. "No, doc' I don't. But I'm going to see her today." She said. It was her therapist, and over time of Cookie visiting her, she has improved with understanding more of herself.

"Well, that's good. If you plan to do what I think you will today, do it exactly as we discussed if you are ready. That way you won't fumble over your words." She said. "Yeah, I got it." Cookie said, trying to sound confident. But in all seriousness, she was nervous. "I can sense a cover up through the phone, Cookie." Said her therapist. Cookie exhaled. "Okay...I'm a little nervous. Actually I'm really damn nervous. What if I embarrass myself?" Cookie asked.

She was never the type to allow her pride to be diminished by simple things such as talking to people or getting embarrassed, but this was different. This made Cookie show sides of herself she's never known she could, and feel things she has never felt.

"I'm sure it will be understood. Do not overwhelm yourself, do the deep breathing exercises you discussed. You are not at fault for any mistake you make, it's perfectly okay." Said the therapist. After the kissing situation, Cookie went right to her therapist on the day of her next available session and told her all about it.

Cookie admitted things about it that she kept to herself, only in her thoughts. And the doctor smiled at her as if she was proud. Since then, they've been working together through what is now the next level of Cookies "self-searching".

"Okay, you're right. I'll try my best." Cookie said. "Please let me know if she is feeling better, and I will see you soon." Said the doctor. "Alright, doc' I will. Thank you, bye." Said Cookie, then hanging up the phone.

She exhaled, looking herself in the mirror. Her bags under her eyes were covered with makeup, since she couldn't sleep at all last night because of how worried she was about Anika. "Just...come out and say it Cookie. When have you ever been the type to hold back on your words? Don't start changing now." She said to her reflection. Cookie has spent a lot of time in her inner thoughts lately, and talking to herself.

No one would think she's crazy, but they would think she's going through something. She gathered her things, and exited out of her penthouse.

...

Cookie tapped her stilettos once again on the floor of the waiting room. She looked around at every doctor who came out of the double doors, thinking they were coming to inform her. But instead, they went to over people.

Yet again, Cookies heart was here racing. If she didn't calm down she would be in the same position as Anika. The moment she saw a nurse walk near her, she called for her to come to her. "Yes?" She asked to Cookie politely.

"Hi, Cookie Lyon, Um I'm here to see a...good friend of mine. Her name is Anika Calhoun.." She said. "Oh, yes she's done with testing, and a doctor will be out here shortly." She said.

" She said