19.

...

Next Day

...

Another meeting day has approached. Just two days ago, the Lyon Family had to sit through a drawn out meeting. Not to mention the tension in the room. Jamal staring his mother and Anika down, Anika being distant with Lucious, Cookie being disappointed with herself and how she made Jamal feel. Not to mention Lucious, Hakeem, and Andre being unaware and confused with what the three of them were doing.

Anika sat at the end of the table in the seat Lucious usually sits in. She had appeared in the meeting room before him. All this morning between them, Anika tried her hardest to still be loving towards him but it peaked nothing but difficultly. The silence on their way to the building together, the silence each time they brushed by each other. And yet Lucious had the audacity to be confused.

Once he saw her, he approached the seat. He put his hand onto the back of it, turning the chair and making her face him. "What's wrong with you?" He asked her. She looked up at him in hidden annoyance.

Cookie entered the meeting room, glancing over at the two of them but utterly keeping her comments to herself

Cookie entered the meeting room, glancing over at the two of them but utterly keeping her comments to herself. It enraged her to see a man try to play off the lying and cheating double life he lived. Trying to make everything seem normal and as if he was so innocent. It was the same thing he did to her. Cookie couldn't say that Anika was getting karma. Because now that she got to know Anika, she would rather see her happy with Lucious than heartbroken by him.

Anika stared up at him. "Nothin', babe." She said, her face stern and plain. He curled his lips, looking over at his family members and other Empire employees surrounding the table. He turned back to Anika. "Alright." He said, then standing up straight. He brushed by her, then starting to pace around the room. "We're here today to discuss the information we were given by the vendors yesterday. They agreed to work with Tianna, Treasure, and Jamal." Said Lucious. Hakeem made a face. "What about me?" He asked, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Those were their choices, son." Said Lucious. "Oh, so first Jamal gets all the votes from the investors at the Leviticus performances and now he gets to work with those vendors too?" Said Hakeem. "Stop whining, boy. You still got stuff under your belt." Said Cookie.

Hakeem hit the table. "I'm tired of not rising up. I'm still stuck in this same old routine. Nobody knows me. They only like pop and that soft R&B BS- Oh I'm soft?" Asked Jamal. "Yeah you are and what about it?" Said Hakeem. "When are you going to stop acting like a child?" Said Jamal, standing up. Hakeem shoved him and Jamal stepped back up to him. "Hey!" Shouted Cookie. She walked up to the both of them. "Get your head out of your ass, boy. You want what they got? You drive for it and work hard for it. You don't complain and whine like a damn child. You understand me?" Said Cookie. "Yeah." Hakeem said, frowning.

"And Jamal- Ma, leave me alone." Said Jamal. "Jamal- Stop. I'm out of here." He said, brushing by her and walking out of the door. Lucious chuckled. "What, he on his menstrual cycle or somethin'?" Lucious asked. Cookie turned and looked at him, a look of disgust with him on his face.