11.

Monday

"Alright, take it again from the top!" Shouted Lucious, him signaling to Jamal to begin his song again. Lucious sat on the corner of the soundboard, Anika next to him. Hakeem, Porsha, Andre, and Hakeem also were in the room, aside from the people there to help keep the flow of the track going.

Jamal begin to sing, his voice going smoothly with the rhythm of the smooth beat. "They're gonna eat this up, pops." Said Andre, and his father nodded in satisfaction. Lucious turned to look at Anika. "Look at what you created. I'm so proud of you." He said, nudging her shoulder. She smiled at him.

In the middle of him kissing the back of her hand, Hakeem asked a question

In the middle of him kissing the back of her hand, Hakeem asked a question. "Aye, where's mom?" He asked. Lucious checked his watch. "It's nine-thirty, she's never been this late. Especially on a Monday. Everybody usually gets here at 8, what's going on with her?" Asked Lucious. Before he could react, Cookie suddenly appeared outside of the room. She walked inside slowly, dressed nicely in Black pants with a white blouse, and her hair down. She curled her lips, waving at everyone.

"Hey y'all..." she said. "Where have you been?" Asked Lucious. "Don't worry about that, old head. I'm here." She said, then walking to the side of the soundboard that was on the opposite of Lucious. "Dang ma where you been?" Asks Hakeem. "Boy didn't I just say don't worry about it-" she said, hitting his shoulder. He let out a grin and held his arm.

"I've just been waking up a little late." She said. "But don't worry about me, what we need to worry about is this song." Said Cookie. "From the top again Jamal." Said Cookie. He nodded, then beginning to let the lyrics flow out once again. Anika still had her hands being held in Lucious', and she cleared her throat as she began to focus on Jamals singing.

...

Lucious waited patiently as Cookie made her way to his office. She crossed her arms as she walked through the doors. She looked around the office as if she hadn't been in there for so long. "What's going on, Lucious?" She asked in a rather exasperated tone. A more so "What could you possibly want now?"

"Nothing really important I just...wanted to know if you're good." He said. "If I'm good?" She asked, raising an eyebrow up at him. "Yeah I mean.." he let out a sigh. "It seems like you've been MIA around here. You come late for things you were apart of developing." He said.

"Lucious do not try to crack down on me like I'm some employee working a 9 to 5 job. You know that we work on our own schedules. That's the least you could give me." She said, side eyeing him.

"Baby this isn't about- Mm mm. Don't do that. You know you're married to someone else now." She said. He stared at her for a moment. "Is that what this is about?" He asked her. She scrunched up her face. "Huh?" She replied. "I mean is that why you've been so distant with work? The most you seem to really be all over is producing the sounds in the studio- Because that's my main job that you assigned, Lucious. I mean what do you want from me? Do you want me to go back to continuing to make a fuss?" She asked.