114.

...

One Month Later

...

Over the past month, Cookie and Anika have been taking time to transition back into the original comfort of their relationship. To be frank, most couples likely don't bounce back together as if nothing happened after a partner comes back from being away for a long time. Your thoughts change, you find out more about yourself, and what you want in your life.

Cookie has had an extreme amount of time to think about herself, Anika, her career, and her relationship. Just...her life. Cookie couldn't even remember what her life was like before she met Lucious. And it wasn't until after he got arrested did she remember that feeling. That feeling of being free and having her own identity. Now, it was official. Lucious was gone, gone, gone..! And now they can focus on their lives and their relationship. And that is exactly what Cookie did.

...

Cookie turned around, smiling at the women sitting on the couch behind her. She put her hair behind her ear. "So...what do you think?" She asked, looking down at the pearly white dress that flowed along her body. Rhinestones were only along the torso and the hem of the dress.

Carol tilted her head

Carol tilted her head. "Hm, I think its pretty, but I don't really know about the bottom." She said. "The flower embroidery throws it off just a little bit..." Said Candace.

Cookie wasn't even sure that she wanted to invite Candace to the wedding after the constant fight they had over Candace simply normalizing Cookie and her relationship. But, Candace had apologized endlessly over the past few years for her behavior, and so if Cookie wanted to live the life she wanted, she would have to move on and accept that Candace wanted to change.

Cookie turned to look herself in the mirror. "I think I'm too mesmerized by the fact that I'm wearing a real wedding dress for the first time..." Cookie said. "Then make sure that the one you pick is perfect." Said Paula, not only whom was her therapist but who has become a genuine friend over the years. 

Cookie took a deep breath, exhaling. "I still can't believe I'm doing this. I made the right choice, right?" She asked. Renee fanned her away. "Girl are you still asking that after you and Anika have been together for almost six years? You're practically already married." She said. "And you also have that rock on your finger to prove it." Said Candace. Cookie looked down at her left hand. On it was now a shining diamond encrusted engagement ring from Anika's official proposal, which happened less than two weeks after Anika was released. 

"She practically did the official proposal the moment she got out." Said Carol. "And it was so romantic. It was on this boat the she rented out for a private dinner. It's like I fell in love all over again." Said Cookie, smiling to herself. 

"But, no, I don't really like this dress either." She said. 

In about fifteen minutes, Cookie returned in another dress.