118: Stray Kids: Changjin

I read my mom's text, informing me that my brother went back to his shitty ex-girlfriend. Unfortunately, Changbin was sitting with me at my house. No one else was home, which I was thankful for.

"Hey, I need to call someone. I'll be right back."

He nods, raising an eyebrow at me, but not questioning it. I bite my tongue, going down the stairs to the kitchen. Dialing my brother's number, I wait impatiently.

God, the fucking nerve of him. He's so stupid. I don't get it. Going back to someone who literally didn't give a shit about you.

"Hey, what's up?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I growl, frustrated tears already building up in my eyes.
"She did everything to you. She did the worst she could do to you. She ruined you. Yet you still don't get it in your fucking brain? Are you that fucking stupid?"

"Shut the fuck up, Hyunjin. You don't know anything. It's not like we're dating. We're just talking."

"I don't give a shit what you're doing. Are you fucking stupid? After every single thing you dealt with, you still let her in your life?"

"People change. It doesn't matter."

"Liars. Don't. Change," I hiss. "Do you really think it's not going to happen again? She tore you apart. And we were the ones that had to pick you back up."

"I know, Hyunjin. I promise that-"

"You can't promise anything. I don't get you," I laugh, "I don't get how you don't see that this isn't okay. She took everything from you."

"I'm not going to listen to this-"

"Fine. Whatever. Don't listen to me. This is on you. And I'm not going to be there to fucking fix you up again. I'm not going to be there to sit with you, to lay with you, to cry with you. This is on you. So you better choose real fast what the fuck you want to do. I just can't believe it. You were doing so well. You finished school. You got a better job. What fucking changed?"

"Hyunjin-"

I end the call, slamming my phone down and leaning on the kitchen counter because my knees were trembling. How could he? After everything? Everything that happened. It destroyed the family, yet he doesn't give a single fuck about it.

I punch the cupboard door, it rattling out of response. I hit it again, my ears hot with anger. I support myself on the counter, taking deep breaths to try and stop myself from crying.

A hand on my shoulder makes me flinch, turning to look. Changbin has sympathy in his eyes. I don't want his sympathy. I want to fucking murder that bitch.

But of course, my body betrays me. As soon as I go to rant about it, sobs pile out of my throat. He takes me into his arms, letting me dampen his shirt with my tears.

"It'll be okay, baby."

I shake my head, unable to respond. He doesn't get it. He didn't feel what I felt. He didn't know what I thought. He doesn't understand the fucking pain I'm in.

Ever so slowly, we kneel to the floor, my legs too weak to stand. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Why?" I question over and over again. "Why?"

"What's the matter, Jinnie? What happened?"

I shake my head again, not being able to form words. My heart was so... broken. How could this happen? How could he?

I laid there in Changbin's arms. He rocked us back and forth, placing his lips to my head. The gestures did nothing to make me feel better. I still felt alone. I still felt upset. I still felt angry. All in all, I felt abandoned. And that feeling would never go away.

"Hyunjin, please, talk to me."

"I-I can't," I cry, sniffling roughly. "I can't. I-I..." I pull away from his grasp, staring down at my shaking hands. I cover my face, the headache getting more painful each second. I tried breathing through the tears, but each heavy set made it worse. My heart was beating erratically, hurting my chest.

"Hyunjin, take a breath in and hold it."

I nod, breathing in and holding it. He waits a few seconds before saying to breathe out. We do it together a couple times before I feel better. The headache never left though.

"Baby, what happened?"

"He... he went back to her..."

I don't even look him in the eyes when I say it. I know he'll be shocked. He'll probably be more upset at the fact that I'll have more breakdowns and he'll end up having to take care of me. No, I can't do that to him. I can't be that person anymore. I can't depend on people.

"You should go."

"What? No, I'm going to leave you like-"

"Go, Changbin. It... this... I'm tired."

"Hyunjin, look at me. I'm not leaving you like this." He locks our hands, showing off the rings he bought for us. "I will always be here for you. You don't deserve any of this, baby. You don't. So please, don't push me away."

"But... I shouldn't be so dependent on you. It's not healthy. And you're busy."

"No, I'm not. Even if I was, I'd drop it in a heartbeat and leave to help you. I'm here for you. Anytime and anywhere."

"...okay. Thank you. I love you."

"I love you, too, Jinnie."

How was this?•