122: Stray Kids: Hyunjin

Hyunjin smiles as he watches Chan bop his head to a song. He was watching Channie's Room on Vlive from his laptop, his phone occupied with the group chat.

He couldn't bare it. He missed his family. He knew his family missed him. He knew Stays did. The thought of Stray Kids and Stays made his heart hurt with the desire of interacting with them. He had tried making a fan account, but it wasn't the same. He had tried calling his friends, but again, it wasn't the same.

He wanted to hug Changbin, give Jeongin a kiss on the cheek, tease Jisung about his hair, lay on Seungmin's lap and hear him sing. He wanted to eat Felix's cookies, listen to music with Chan, be playfully threatened by Minho.

He wanted to be able to perform again. Post photos on Instagram again. He didn't want to hurt Stays anymore. He knew they were upset - the ot8 ones, at least. He wasn't sure what to think of the ot7 ones anymore.

He had asked Stays to stay with him. He cried so harshly on stage. He meant every word, though. It wasn't just the pain talking. He didn't want Stay to leave. Not at all. Yet here he was, months into his own hiatus. He was ashamed, but it wasn't his fault.

The best he could do was wait, for now. After all, Stays were waiting very patiently for him. They were called Stays for a reason. He had confidence in them. Stays make Stray Kids stay, and Stray Kids make Stay, stay. He trusted those mottos.

Soon, he thought to himself, feeling warm as he watched Chan hug the camera. Soon.

•I miss him so much