41: Stray Kids: Minsung

•spider-man au because i can
•btw this used to be an old spideypool (spider-man x deadpool) one shot that i wrote so Minho is bloodshot instead

-

Miran turns off the tea pot and looks at me, "Jisung listen to me, secrets have a cost. They're not for free, not now, not ever."

Jisung turns away from his aunt, wiping down his sweaty and bruised face. Speeding down the hall and up the stairs, he holds his breath in order to keep in his cries.

Opening his door, he slams it shut, feeling angry with himself. How could he be so stupid? Why did this always happen to him? Why couldn't he just man up and tell her? Mostly because she would probably worry herself to death even more, knowing what kinds of things Spider-Man handles.

Instead of resting like he had wanted to, he throws off his bag and stealthily open his window. His webs catch onto the building next to theirs and his feet leave the window sill.

He gains momentum as he swings through the city that never sleeps. The wind seeps through his skin-tight suit, making his boiling skin cool down. This was all he needed at this moment.

"Bugboy!" A voice calls out, making Jisung stumble over the roof of a building.

The young hero groans, not wanting to speak to anyone at the moment. Unfortunately, his body trips over a crate that had been left on the roof and he falls face forward.

"Whoa, you good there, babe?" Minho questions, pulling the younger up by his hand. "You know, I appreciate you wanting to fall for me again but I don't want you to fuck up that beautiful face."

Jisung snatches his hand away, ready to shoot out a web and leave. But of course, his lover has to be clingy as always. Bloodshot wraps his arm around the shorter male and tries to kiss his chubby cheek; although, it was weird since they both had masks on.

The so-called 'Bugboy' pushes the man away, "leave me alone, Lee."

"But Sungie-"

"I said leave me alone!" Jisung roughly pushes Minho against the wall of the rooftop door and holds him there by his neck.

He breathes heavily, glaring into the lenses of his lover before removing his arm from Bloodshot's neck. He places gentle hands on the other man's shoulders before letting his head drop.

"I-I'm sorry," he shakily says, tears building up in his covered eyes. "I didn't mean to do that. I'm sorry."

Minho looks at his lover with extreme worry in his eyes, "Webs, what happened?"

"N-nothing, it's stupid."

"Nothing is stupid when it comes to you. What happened?" Minho gently takes the boy into his arms, sneakily sliding both their masks off. "Whoa Jisung," the elder says when he sees how beat up the boy is, "what happened?"

"I-I... Aunt Miran caught me coming home today. She knows I go out. She's already worried about me. I feel so guilty about keeping this from her, but I'm too scared to tell her. I don't want her to be worrying about whether I'll come home or not after a robbery or mission."

"Baby, she'll always worry like that, whether you're Spider-man or not. I'm sure she already knows. It's not hard to figure out, if you really pay attention. You leave the house, and suddenly Spider-man is fighting off some reptile. You come back, it's like he disappears. I think she's caught on, but you need to assure her that you'll be okay," Minho speaks softly, running his hand through his lover's hair.

"Okay. Okay, I'll tell her. I'm just... not one-hundred percent ready," Jisung responda, nodding.

"Good. Now you wanna tell me why you're all bruised up? You rarely get hit, unless it's by some other creature, but it's been silent. So what's up with that?"

The question doesn't catch me off guard. It just makes me more guilty. I sink into myself, avoiding eye contact.

"Jisung, tell me."

"I thought I deserved it, okay?" I say, tears building up again, "for every person that dies in my hands. For all the lies I've told Miran. For every time I begin to hate myself again. It's all my fault."

"Jisung," Minho speaks sternly, his arms tightening on me, "you absolutely do not deserve to get hit. Them dying isn't your fault. You do your best every day to save everyone you can, and you do a damn good job. You only lie to her to protect her, and you know that. Sometimes lying is okay, but you already agreed to tell her. And you shouldn't hate yourself. It's not your fault you ended up with these arachnid abilities. It just happened, and you made the choice to use them in the best way possible. You help so many people. You make so many people smile. You have people that look up to you. So don't you dare hate yourself for something you couldn't control."

His words make me cry. Not out of the sadness that had been tearing at me, but out of happiness that he gives me. He calms me down after giving me a few moments.

"Now," he grins, "let's go get some fried chicken."

•How was this?•