133: Stray Kids: Changin [Platonic]

I cover my mouth, my heart beating quickly at how my vocals sounded. They were... I hit the note. The high fucking note. And it sounded good. I can do this now.

3Racha Hyungs

can one of you
help me record a
song now?

I didn't even realize how late it was, but they didn't usually sleep early anyway.

Channie Hyung
Sorry, I just got
back to the dorm.
Do you want me
to come back?

Binnie Hyung
it's cool, i'm still
here. meet me
there and i'll get
everything ready

Hannie
good luck :]

thank you :)

I walk down the halls of our company building, praying that my voice was still intact for this recording. I felt good, so I had to focus on that energy.

When I walk in, Changbin is already in there. I smile, "hi hyung."

"Yo," he throws up a peace sign, spinning slightly in his chair. "You warmed up already?"

"Yup. I just want to get this recorded. I've been working for weeks on this."

"Okay. The booth is good to go. Tell me when you're ready," he nods, looking down at the buttons.

Minutes fly by, headphones already on my ears. I look at him, giving him a thumbs up. The lyrics were on my phone, but I've practice it for so long that I had them memorized.

The guitar music begins, and I feel myself tense up. Just breathe, Jeongin. You'll be okay. Open your airways.

My voice flows through the booth, my hands strung in the air to help relieve pressure. They quickly clench into fists once I begin to get higher with volume.

A short guitar break. And again, I start. My eyes close by themselves, and then it happens. The lyrics float in the booth, my range going to the place I've been practicing.

I let the lyrics stretch before stopping, waiting for him to give me to go to do the next verse. When I look through the window, his eyes are wide and his mouth is agape.

"Hyung?"

He blinks, clearing his throat. "Shit, Jeongin, that was amazing. You've been working hard. Chan is going to be so fucking proud when he hears this. You're doing amazing. Let's go."

My smile reaches my eyes, my teeth shining in the dim light. The music plays, and even when I hit the note again, it surprises both Changbin and I. It's so amazing that it actually comes out without being strained.

The song then builds up, tension getting tighter until the bridge. High note, and then everything quiets. We move on to the softer part, slowly building back up.

God, I love this song.

We're back at the strong verse, every lyric hitting harshly, yet softly.

The piano goes quiet, and I wait before taking in a large breath of air.

"Was that good?" I look over, taking off the headphones and sliding them back to where they belong.

"Are you kidding me? That was amazing! You did so well, I'm so proud of you. Oh gosh, everyone is going to love this. You did incredible."

I smile, looking down at the ground with embarrassment. I couldn't wait for my other hyungs to hear this.

How was this?
I literally cannot stop listening to him sing 😭 he did so fucking good. He's grown so much•