88: Stray Kids: Minsung

Jisung swallows the lump in his throat, setting a shaky hand down on the counter after shutting off his phone. His knees felt weak and he felt like puking. He kept repeating the strained words from his mother in his head.

The seven boys in the living room looked over towards him, noticing the sudden quietness.

"Baby, what's wrong? Who was it?" Minho is by his lover's side in an instant, glancing with worry towards the other six boys.

Jisung shuts his mouth fully and gulps, bringing his hand down. Cowering his head, he whispers, "can you, uh, can you take me to the hospital?"

Minho gazes in confusion, "what? Why?"

"Please, Minho," he whispers once again, more tears threatening to spill over. He keeps his voice down, though the other boys are still able to hear him.

"Y-yeah, sure," he looks towards his members, "we'll be back, don't wait up."

Jisung quickly goes to his room and puts on shoes, not caring to get a jacket although it was almost cold enough for snow. Going back to the front, Minho noticed the lack of warm clothing. He almost said something before noticing the lack of emotion on Jisung's face. The worry crept over and kept his mouth shut.

They walk out of the door, not saying a word. The smaller male clung to Minho's arm, his grip weak. The older had just realized how pale his boyfriend's face had gotten in just two seconds, and he noticed the slight trembling in the shorter's body.

They got into the car and speedily got onto the road. Minho wanted to ask, but he knew it wasn't his business. He didn't want to upset his boyfriend more than he already was.

"My sister got into a... a really bad car accident," Jisung finally spoke, breathing it out quickly. Suddenly, he bursted into tears, "I don't know if sh-she's okay or not. They couldn't tell me. My parents said just to h-hurry. What does that mean, Minho? What if she's d-dead?"

Minho quickly took Jisung's hand and held onto it tightly, slightly speeding up, "baby, I'm sure she's okay. Just calm down, we'll get there soon. Take deep breaths, Jisung."

Jisung's sobs quieted down but silent tears were still falling down his face. He could only think the worse. Positivity was not at all in his thoughts tonight.

Abruptly, sirens burst into their hearing. The traffic in the next street was backed up while caution tape was being set out around the accident. There were quite a few police cars and ambulances. Oh god, Minho thought.

Jisung squeezed Minho's hand tightly, the trembling worsening. The younger turned on the radio, trying to distract himself from the sounds of the outside. All Minho could do was watch, not knowing what to say or do. He didn't know anything. He couldn't promise anything.

Once they arrived to the hospital, Jisung had calmed down a bit. They held hands as they walked into the emergency room entrance. Jisung's parents immediately came up to them, hugging the young boy quickly.

"I-is she okay?" The small boy asked with wide, fearful eyes.

Mrs.Han looked to her husband before back to her son, "w-we don't know, Jisungie. They said," she stopped to clear her throat, "they said she was in critical condition. They don't know... they don't know if she'll make it."

That was enough for Jisung to cry out and collapse just barely into Minho's arms instead of the ground. Minho held the boy, strongly holding back his own tears.

It was bad news to hear that someone was in a car accident, but it was much worse to hear that they don't know what will happen in the next few minutes, or hours. So little words can change tons of lives, whether it be families or friends.