181: Stray Kids: Felix

Felix stares at his laptop, his Korean homework taunting him. He had just recovered from the flu, so he had to get caught up on his college work. It wasn't like he was behind, it's just that it was due next weekend and it would take a total of ten hours to finish.

He had just finished the partner exam and written exam, but there was so much more to complete. Why didn't the teacher take pity? That exam took two hours and one more to figure out how to record it.

His stomach aches, but he doesn't know why. He didn't feel sick anymore, but his stomach continued to bother him. No nausea, just aches. Almost like hunger pains, except he wasn't hungry.

Felix sits back in his chair, weighing his options. He can't not do this homework because he had so much. He has work tomorrow, plans Saturday. Sunday would be the start back up of school. He needs to get as much done as he can.

He looks back at his bed. This is why he goes to the library and works. His room teases him. He couldn't go out because he was sick. He usually does. All week, he's been doing his homework in bed. Doing twenty minutes and laying down because his head started to pound and his stomach begun to grumble. Now he's at his desk, but it's only a few feet away.

What should he do? He doesn't feel like he can do anything right now, but he can't afford to fail this class. He's so tired. He hadn't slept much the previous night, waking up randomly and then having nightmares. That was every night for the past 18 years.

He closes his eyes, shutting his laptop.

Don't do it. Open it back up.

He stands, trudging to his bed.

Felix, get back over there. You need to do some work today.

He climbs underneath the covers, warm guiding him.

This is your fault. You made this choice.

He closes his eyes and prays sleep will come.

You're going to be so upset with yourself.

Fall was never his season.