138: Astro: Rockjin

"Hey, Jinwoo?" Minhyuk calls for his friend in the kitchen. He waits patiently for him to get off of his phone and look at him. "Can you fix the drawer? I'm... yeah. I broke it. Help."

The elder just laughs, walking over to shove the drawer back into its place. How the hell? "There. Sanha probably was fucking with you and did something to it before he left."

Sanha was an old roommate. So was Jinwoo. The three friends and another three friends used to share an apartment. They quickly found out that it wasn't a good idea. So them being them, moved out almost as quickly as they had moved in. Minhyuk always told the boys that they could stay at the apartment whenever they wanted. They all still had their old keys. Whenever Minhyuk would wake up, he never expected who was going to be laying on the couch or eating in the kitchen.

Rocky just rolls his eyes playfully, taking a spoon and going over to his cereal bowl. He had broken it purposefully during the night, forming a plan in his head. He liked Jinwoo, a lot. They were both fruity, they were best friends, and they always spent a lot of time together. How could he not fall for the one person who is always there for him? Especially with his looks... damn, fine as hell.

"Are you doing anything tonight?" The younger questions, feeling his heart beat start to quicken with anxiety.

"Me? Do something? You're funny. I don't have friends, Hyuk. So no, I'm not."

"Do you want to catch a movie? Or just get some dessert? I've been itching to do something fun or relaxing, but everyone is always busy."

"Eh, can I let you know later?" He shrugs, not up for a social hang out.

"Sure. Don't worry if you don't want to. I'll just go by myself."

"Sad, but okay. I'm going to the gym. See ya."

"Yeah, see ya..."

Here we are again. Minhyuk failing to get Jinwoo to go on a subtle date with him. Again. He didn't want to outright say that it was a date. He was too shy for that. Instead, hints were enough, he thought. He thought wrong. Jinwoo was oblivious.

Later on in the day, Minhyuk walks around Seoul, coffee in his hand. He then gets a message, his phone vibrating in his pocket.

______
JinJin 💕

hey, can't
hang out
sorry

it's ok
like i said,
i'll just go alone

______

Another one bites the dust. Minhyuk sighs, frustrated. He shoves the device back into his pocket, not wanting to go out anymore. The idea of hanging out with Jinwoo excited him. Now that he wasn't going, there was no point.

He sat on a bench, staring out into the park. There weren't a lot of people out for it being a Thursday. Suddenly, thunder erupted from the sky.

Great, he thought to himself, fits the mood.

He stands, not wanting to drenched, and begins to head home. Today really sucked. He must've gotten on the bad side of the universe because before he was halfway back to the apartment, it started down pouring.

He felt so ignored, and a little hurt. It wasn't Jinwoo's fault, of course not. It was his own. He was too scared to confess his feelings. He took the cowardly route. Hints are such jokes. Whoever wrote on Google that dropping hints to your crush was a good idea, they were wrong. It just made everything worse.