134: Stray Kids: Minsung

I start the mop water, walking away to finish the few dishes by the sink. I was at work, washing dishes by myself. It wasn't hard, but I was exhausted. I've been here for ten hours already, and I still had a shit ton to do.

I spray down the sink, washing the dirty edges of it. It was gross, this restaurant. I tried my best to keep it clean though.

A waitress walks in, setting down a rack of cups. I wait for the actual dish washer to be done until pushing the cups through. Standing there a minute, I get lost in my thoughts.

Taking a towel, I wet it so I could clean down the back sinks. There was a lot to wash.

"Oh, fuck," I gasp when I turn, watching water spill onto the floor and go underneath the back counters. I run to turn it off, slipping but catching myself. I try to dump the overflowing water into the other drain, but it falls out and spills even more water.

This was a fucking nightmare.

I panic, running through the kitchen to grab towels. Was I supposed to get towels or the mop? The mop was full of water, idiot.

I throw the towels down, my heart beating rapidly. What was I supposed to do? What if it hits wires? Why would they put the mop shit by a bunch of wires?

Mina. She'll know how to help me.

I run to the front, searching the floor for the waitress, yet she was nowhere to be found.

Okay, next best option. Minho.

I jog to a table by the cash register, watching four waiters sit around chatting.

"Um, Minho? Can you help me back here? I spilled a bunch of water."

He nods, "yeah, of course." Standing, he follows me to the back. "Oh, shit."

Though I felt like panicking even more, my face was nothing but calm. I think. I hope he couldn't see that I was freaking out.

"I'll get the mop, it's cool. Don't worry about it. Pick up the towels, they dried up most of the water."

I nod, crouching down to grab the weak attempt to save my ass. How stupid could I be? This isn't even the first time it's happened, it's just the worst time.

"Thank you so much," I say, dumping the towels into a bin. "I-I really appreciate it."

"It's alright. It's not that bad. Don't worry."

I nod again, awkwardly walking back to the sink where dirty dishes were calling my name.

God, I hated this job. Only two more days, and I won't have to come back. Though, I'll miss Minho. He always talked to me when I was doing dishes. He was the one to set them down for me and he actually stacked them instead of putting them down separately. He was always sweet.

Minho's POV •

When I get back to the table, they all look at me. "What was that all about?" Chan asks, sorting through the silverware.

"The poor thing spilled a lot of mop water back by the freezer."

"Oh, jeez. I'm sure Junhee would probably be pissed if he found out," Changbin comments, knowing how our boss could be.

"Yeah, we're not telling him. Jisung already has it rough. He's been doing that job by himself for two months now. It's hard."

"Yeah, that girl that quit was a bitch for leaving him like that for a better position. I get it, people want money, but come on," Minhyuk shrugs, disappointed at people's lack of care.

"I hope someone can come in to help him soon. I've done dishes once with Honey, and that shit is awful. Imagine doing that by yourself, plus closing. It's fucked," I frown, feeling pity for the boy.

"At least he's getting paid."

"Not much. I don't know why he's even here, to be honest. The job is hard on one person and it doesn't even pay well. Why stay?"

"No clue."

I sigh, standing and going back to the kitchen. I watch him wash dishes while mumbling to himself. He was definitely cursing out the girl who left him by himself.

"Hey, do you want me to take the trash out for you? I'm not doing anything."

I could visibly see the relief in his shoulders. He nods weakly, trying to muster up a smile. "That would be great, thank you."

"Yeah, course. Be right back then."

-

"Is there anything I can help you with? There's not much for me to do," I offer.

"No, it's okay. I've got everything else."

"What else do you have to do?"

"Um," his eyes flicker to the check list on the wall. "Wash the back sinks, back counter, fuck mopping, wash the machine out, and finish up these big ass pans."

"I'll finish these pans, you can go wash the counter and sink."

"But-"

"It's okay, go." I give him a reassuring smile, lightly pushing him back. There were about four large pots sitting there. Shouldn't be that bad.

-

I breathe out, finally putting the last pan away. He fills the machine with clean water, a calm expression on his face. He was quite cute.

"Thank you so much for helping me. You have no idea how much I appreciate it."

"It was no problem. I'm glad I could help."

He nods, turning around to grab a bucket of sauce cups. That was the last thing he had to do before turning the lights off.

I stand there, messing on my phone till I hear a bunch of loud clinks hitting the floor. It was the last thing. Now, it's the very, very last thing.

I walk over, helping him pick them up. He sighs out, frustrated. Tonight didn't seem like his night.

"I'll get these, just go home."

"What? I can't do that. I have lock the doors and rewash these. This isn't your job."

"I know, but I know how to do it. You're tired. Just go. I've got it."

He shakes his head. "No, it's okay."

"Fine, go lock the back doors while I put these back in the washer. We'll finish up together."

He squints his eyes at me before wiping it off of his face. "Okay, deal."

-

"Finally. This shit takes forever," he groans, grabbing his takeout box and keys.

"Teamwork, man. You would've been here till midnight if you were by yourself. Don't try to push away help. If we offer, it's because we care."

He shrugs, "not like I'm going to need it much longer. Sunday is my last day."

That's a relief. He shouldn't be doing this shit without earning shit. Good choice.

"Oh, damn. I'm gonna miss you. You always worked so hard back here."

"I tried. Anyway, have a good night."

"Wait, Jisung. Do you think we could keep in touch?"

He hesitates for a moment, and I'm about to quickly apologize until he grabs out his phone. He hands it to me, letting me put in my contact.

"Thanks. Don't forget to text me."

He laughs, "I'll try not to. Goodnight, Minho."

"Goodnight, Jisung. Don't forget to clock out."

"Fuck!"

How was this?
Literally one of the worst days at work :,) ESPECIALLY cause I didn't have charming dancer lee know helping me with my mess T—T•