157: Stray Kids: Binsung ✩

Constellations wave at me from their place in the sky. I almost wanted to wave back. My eyes bounce around the car, the only light coming from the headlights and the blue-lit buttons. The setting around me was peaceful. I breathe it in. I make sure to.

My vision dances to Changbin. His eyes were hard, yet gentle. He was focused on the road. I look at it. No one was on the street, not yet anyway. It was just us. How I like it. No one else truly mattered to me in this moment.

He looks over, a smile settling onto his cheeks. His smile was the prettiest when it was genuine. The way his bottom eyelids came up just a bit to hide his pupils. His cheeks grew in size, so much that I could squish them. His lips stretched, but remained beautiful and full. I feel my own muscles pull one up.

"You okay?" He asks.

His hand comes off of the steering wheel. He pats my thigh softly twice before finally resting it on it. I like when he does that. It makes me feel protected and the tiniest bit flustered. My own hands find their way to his, grasping it. His hands were always the softest, too.

"Yeah. Are you?" I tilt my head just the slightest, wanting to know if he was doing alright. This afternoon wasn't ideal. Everything felt okay, though. As long as I was with him.

"Yeah." His tone became a whisper. His eyes flicker back to the road, searching. For what? I didn't know. "Yeah, I am."

"Good."

I melt back into my seat, paying attention to the road ahead. I could still see the stars, but I paid them no mind this time. I didn't want to get star lost. That's what Changbin liked calling it when I drifted off while looking at them.

Star lost.