80: BTS: Namjin

Namjoon laid uneasily in their bed, staring up at the darkened ceiling. His arms were around his husband, but tonight, he wished it was the other way around.

He had gotten too deep into his thoughts after a phone call. His dog back home had gotten hit by a car. She was alive, yes, but had a broken leg. He could hear her whines in the background and it broke his heart. His mother explained what happened to him, and now he was terrified that she would die in the morning.

What if her ribs had been broken? Would if no one noticed? 'What if' questions continued to pour through his head.

He couldn't sleep. He was too scared. He loved that dog with all his heart.

"Jin," He whispers, voice trembling of anxiety.

The older male doesn't make a sound.

"Jin," Namjoon sits up, tears building in his eyes, "p-please wake up."

After shaking him a bit, Namjoon could see his eyes shine in the slight light that the moon gave off when he opened his eyes.

"Hm, what's wrong Joon? Nightmare?" He groggily questions, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

Namjoon shakes his head, sniffling, "my dog got hit by a car."

Hearing this leads to Jin sitting up, making the bed creak. With no hesitation, the elder wraps his arms around Namjoon, holding him close.

"Sh-she's okay, just a broken leg, but I can't stop thinking about it," Namjoon cries out, the tone of his voice filled with broken sadness.

"Oh baby," Jin whispers, "I'm so sorry. Why didn't you wake me earlier? How long have you been up?"

Namjoon shrugs, shivering because of the slight draft coming through the cracked window. "A few hours maybe. I didn't want to bother you."

"Baby no, no, never. Oh god, Namjoon," Jin gasps, feeling an overflowing emotion of sympathy. "I'm so sorry baby. She'll be okay, sweetheart. She'll recover and be okay."

All the younger could do was nod. He still wasn't sure if he would be able to fall asleep tonight. His heart throbbed in his ears, making him wonder if his husband could feel or hear it.

"Don't think about it, Joonie. She will be okay. We can talk more to your mom about it tomorrow, all right? She'll be okay. Just take a few deep breaths and lay down with me."

Namjoon did as told, lying down with Jin's still holding onto him tightly. He was still shaking, but it would go away after he got his heart to slow.

"Just breathe, sweetheart."

How was this?
:( •