153: Stray Kids: Minsung ✩

I swallow my breath, my head pounding. I clench my eyes shut, gripping the wall behind me. This can't be happening. Not tomorrow. Please. I'd give anything for another day. More time. Please. More time.

I gasp in, my chest squeezing my lungs tighter and tighter. Hide. I need to hide. I can't be here anymore. I need to go. I need a safe space.

I stumble down the hallway, my footsteps echoing off of the walls of our apartment. Our bed sits there, messily made from this morning.

But I don't get on it. I fall to my knees, scrambling to hide in the darkness. I hit my head on the box spring above me. It was dusty down here, but that was okay. I was having a flight response. This was- this was fine.

I just needed to hide.

My arms are tucked under my chest. My face was buried in my hands. Either the floor was vibrating or my entire body was trembling. My bet was on the latter.

The tight, small space didn't bother me one bit. In fact, it helped me breathe easier. I felt that no eyes were on me. I wasn't being judged by a character made up in my head. It was just me and the ringing in my ears.

Minutes go by. My anxiety itself was still high, but my physical traits of it were lessening. I made up my mind. I was staying here for at least an hour. No phone, no people, no distractions. Just me and my safe space that held me tight in my place.

Two hours go by. I hear the door open and shut. If the tv was on, I wouldn't have been able to hear it. His footsteps bounce to me.

"Min? You here, lovely?"

I swallow thickly. "H-here!"

They come closer to our room. The door creaks open. "Where are you, Minnie baby?"

"Down here," I say quieter.

He bends over, peeking under to where I was. He gets on his knees once he sees. "What are you doing under there, sweetheart?" He reaches over, but my skin crawls away and I scoot further back.

"Needed to hide."

He pouts, clear that he was worried about me. "Do you want to stay under there for a bit longer?"

I nod.

"Alright. Do you need anything? How about some chocolate milk?"

"Yes, please."

"Are you hungry?"

I shake my head.

"Okay, baby. I'll be right back with that milk."

I smile.

•how was this?
haha, using my comfort characters once again•