Where is he?! (Vampire Artemis AU part 4, Artino)

This story was inspired by:

Thank you for the recommendation! Hope you enjoy this story

Artemis put his mug down on the kitchen counter, breathing a sigh of relief. He was rather happy to get out of school, attempting to hide the dread he felt about tomorrow. School had become rather stressful especially because of end of year exams and everyone finding out, most of monarch where respectful about it but some people where naturally scared and rather mean about it. School would be out soon enough though.

~Artemis's POV~

"School would be out soon enough though.." I mumbled, reaching up for a counter and taking a pot out "Hopefully I could spend that time with Shino.." I silently wished to myself, feeling my cheeks light up. Gosh why does Shino always manage to make me feel this way?! Just thinking about his at this point makes my heart ago wild... I crave him more then I do blood... I took a sip from my coffee. I had already finished all of my homework and I had nothing better to do... nothing better then harassing Shino!

I finished my coffee, placing the cup and and skipping down stairs to his room.

~Shino's POV~

I was sitting on my phone with my AirPods in. I was on the L.O.V.E group chat trying to keep track of everything going on with their plans to break into the facility where Flex was... experimented on... from what I can gather at least, also doing this while attempting to keep RikKu's vigilante group. God them outfits...

I heard a knock on my door "Shino?" Artemis knocked. Oh god! Out of everyone who could of been here it was Artemis, the last thing I wanted to do was worry Artemis with all this vigilante stuff and for it to get out... Artemis has a habit of saying stuff he shouldn't. Sometimes it cute though. I quickly hid everything and opened the door "Heya Arti" I rested my hand on the door frame.

"Hi Shino, you ok?" He asked me, with a large smile on his face "Yeah, how are you?" I asked him "I'm good! We didn't really talk much in class today.." Artemis complained, pouting slightly "Oh, I get it! You're feeling extra clingy because I didn't give you all my attention today?" I teased him "A-Ah! It's not like that!!" Artemis defended himself. He'd get so flustered to easily, it was always so amusing... Never got old, I could do the same stunt each time over and over and he'd just get more flustered with each time.

"You said that last time, and what happened after that?" I taunted again "You asked me out.." he replied "But then it was like that" I cackled "I'M NOT CLINGY!!" Artemis yelled, sticking his hands out in-front of him and pushing my head back, all it did was make me laugh harder. I seized this opportunity and rapped my arms around his waist, lifting him in the air. Artemis began yelling and kicking, causing me to stumble back and collapse on my bed "Just let me hold you!!" I laughed, feeling tears well in my eyes "Not when you're taunting me!!" Artemis laughed, trying to crawl away but being pinned down by myself "You can't tell me you don't like it!~" I flirted, allowing him to sit up but not escape. Artemis mumbled a response "Hm?" I questioned, Artemis's response was louder but still muffled "If you don't tell me I'll force it out of you~" I caressed his chin "u-um!" Artemis stuttered "I...I like it.." "You like me flirting with you?.." I asked him, making him repeat himself just for my own amusement. Artemis nodded "I might need to do this more often!-" I laughed

"OK STOP!!" Artemis yelled, jokingly elbowing me in the stomach "Free cuddles AND flustered Arti?" I continued messing with him, he grabbed a pillow and hit me over the head with it. I couldn't stop laughing, falling back onto my bed pillows.

Artemis crawled on top on me, kissing my forehead. He sat on my lap, rapping his arms around my neck, giggling at my sudden fluster towards him position.

~Artemis's POV~

I sat Shino's lap, he looked up at me, his face bright red. I snickered at him "Who's flustered now?" I taunted "You got me there" Shino confessed, I laughed again "I love you Shino!" I smiled "I love you too Arti.." Shino smiled back, kissing me. I kissed him back, he rapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

We broke apart when there was a knock at the door "I'll get it" I told him, standing up and leaving the room.

~Shino's POV~

Artemis stud up and left the room "Tsk.." I mumbled, rather disappointed that Artemis left. I heard him walk up the stairs, click open the door and begin his conversation.

Artemis then didn't come down, I got a bit impatient so I walked up. Artemis wasn't at the door, or even in the dorm anymore. "Hm?" I mumbled to myself, pulling my phone out my pocket and texting him. His phone pinged, I tracked it back to outside the house.
His phone was on the floor just outside the dorm "ok... this is weird.." I picked up his phone and looked around, Artemis wasn't in sight either. Except from the small drops of blood on the walls and small claw marks resembling a struggle.

~Monarch group chat~
"Has anyone seen Arti?" -Shino
"No why? Wasn't he with you?" - RikKu
"No I haven't seen him" -Yuki
"Didn't he leave with one of his friends from the orphanage?" -Davis
"What?." -Shino
"Yeah, I saw them through my window." -Davis
"Davis kids from our orphanage aren't aloud to leave on their own?" -Sapphire
"Well it was just one person.." -Davis
"what did they look like?!.." -Shino
"Dark brown hair... A small scar" -Davis
"WAS THE SCAR COVERING HIS LEFT
EYE?!" -Shino
"Yeah?.." -Davis
"Shino what's wrong?" -Shizu
"Yeah, you're acting weird.." -Jack
"ARTEMIS IS IN DANGER!" -Shino
"What?!" -RikKu
"TELL AVIAN ILL BE ABSENT FROM SCHOOL FOR A BIT!" -Shino
"AT LEAST LET US COME WITH YOU!" -Blake
"It's too dangerous" -Shino
"Artemis is our friend! We want to make sure he's ok just as much as you do!" -RikKu
"Meet me at my dorm." -Shino

You see, when I first met Artemis. Davis's description exactly matched the person who was attacking Artemis. Using this, the struggle and the blood... Did he take Arti?
But... I could sense him. For some reason I had this feeling in my gut that I knew where he was even though I had no logical idea or even any evidence of where he could be.... it was like...Soulmates sense I guess.

Me, Blake, Yuki, RikKu, Davis, Kiyo and Shizu all get at our dorm. "how do we find him?.." RikKu asked, she was clearly worried about Artemis "This is going to sound crazy but.. I feel like I know where he is." I told them "Oh? Have you met them before? Do they have a base or something?" Yuki questioned "I think he means more of an internal supaszion.." Davis replied "Davis is right.. I have no idea the exact location but I feel like I can just tell where he is... it's hard to explain.." I told them "It must be a vampire thing." Kiyo said "Then let's go." Blake stud up "What?" Shizu asked "Get your hero costumes or disguises on. We don't know how much time we have left so let's go save him now. Shino could you follow your intuition?" Blake commanded us "I think so.." I replied to her question "Let's go!" RikKu clapped.

And the cliff hanger! Is Artemis ok? 👀 guess we'll have to find out tomorrow 😙✌🏻 I do hope you enjoy this story, if you have any recommendations please let me know!
Word count: 1328