Home sweet home (MHO s2)

School had finished, the bell finally going leaving the rest of the class with a calm satisfied feeling knowing they can finally leave. However this time, Artemis had cancelled his shift at the cafe club, as him and Shino were busy for the evening.

RikKu expected them to he going on some romantic date together given the circumstances, however their night wasn't heading too romantic as the two knew their plans.

They got on the bus straight as they left the building, not bothering to go back to the dorms to change out their uniform or anything. The bus ride was quite quiet, which was weird due to the fact normally Shino and Artemis couldn't stop talking - however Artemis understood, after all visiting your old memories after such a tragic end to them would be emotional.

Shino felt a little bad for Artemis coming alone, knowing that despite what he had told Artemis the story was slightly different - it was more, he had now been told his parents were alive and his mother was actually the villain terrorising him for the past couple of years, and now he wanted to revisit his old town to see if he had missed anything.

"You ok?" Artemis asked him softly, adjusting in his seat awkwardly as he started conversation. Shino looked over at him, his handsome face coated with an empathy Artemis always had. "Yeah, i'm ok. Just thinking" Shino shrugged, sitting up more deciding to make a little more effort into seeming more content.

The bus ride wasn't too long, Shino's old house being on the border of the more upper-class region of Vigilantis. His parents weren't stupidly rich, however with his dad being a hardworking hero they could afford to live in the part of town with the best schools and were all the heroes lived despite living pay check to pay check.

Artemis's upbringing was practically the opposite to Shino's until the accident, most their funds came from charity organisations and small government contributions.

Eventually the bus arrived by Shino's road, the streets around it were filled with very upper class houses which were large and beautifully decorated, his area looked like the ideal place to want your family. There was no trash on the roads either, no unpleasant looking people stalking the streets

And as Shino continued walking he noticed the atmosphere drastically change, the houses on one road all seemed empty, only a few seeming to have residents and the houses themselves seemed drastically scruffy. The empty houses looked in a much poorer state, and in the centre of the houses there was one house - clearly abandoned.

It still looked nice, but it was obvious there was wear in it. There was old police tape still tied to the fence, wooden boards put upfront on the windows so nobody could get in.

"That's your house?.." Artemis asked him as they approached the building, more and more imperfections were clear the closer they got. Shino seemed to be absorbing it in the same way as Artemis was. "Yeah, it was. It normally looked a lot nicer but"

Despite its flaws the house looked in a decent condition taking into account it was exploded and lit on fire. Shino opened the gate and followed up the pathway to the front door, the gate making an unbearable creaking sound as its rusting hinges hadn't been used in a while. Artemis followed Shino as he made his way to the front door, looking around in curiosity however careful not to overstep any boundaries.

"Do you think the door opens?" Artemis asked as Shino tried the front door handle, looking back at the empty street for a second to make sure nobody was watching them. "Definitely not" Shino sighed, looking at the wooden boards on the nearby window.

He started to walk around the side of the house, Arty following in confusion as Shino seemed to aimlessly walk around the exterior. Each window had wooden boards covering them, so people couldn't entire the building - especially because it was technically a crime scene.