Missed me? (MHO S2)

(Oh yeah baby let's start this series back up again)

The night was calm for a change, despite the freezing February mornings something was different about the night. Maybe the world finally decided to give them a break and let them have their moment?

February 20th, it was only necessary to celebrate not only your 18th birthday but your one year anniversary, it was an important day and the universe seemed to allow Shino a break. For once.

The restaurant was the perfect balance between busy distant chatter and not awkwardly empty so the waiters stare at you every moment. The perfect temperature of busy.

A cliche candle flickered in the middle of their table draped in a red cloth, empty champagne glasses waited them patiently for the waiter to pour complimentary drinks when they ordered.

Shino skimmed through the laminated menu, often glancing up at Arti's face sitting opposite from him, angling the menu to cover his embarrassingly wide grin. "Will you actually eat anything from here?" Shino asked with amusement, noting that the menu consisted of expensive and complicated dishes he knew Artemis probably had never even seen let alone tried.

A blank look painted his face, looking at Shino as if he had just been exposed before a chuckle slipped out his mouth. Shino couldn't help but laugh with him as Arti broke into a chorus of giggles. "Erm!.. i'll just get whatever you get.." he smiled, fiddling with the tablecloth in between his fingers to try soothe his nerves - it felt so out of place for him to be eating somewhere to fancy when he was practically the opposite

Yet he buried his insecurities to celebrate him and Shino. "I don't think you'll like what I'm ordering.. do you just want me to order you something i think you'd like?" Shino offered, knowing he really liked spicy foods and if he truly treasured meeting Arti for the first time he'd treasure the memory that his dear boyfriend couldn't even handle pepperoni's spice.. or lack there of in Shino's opinion.

"Ok, thank you" Arti smiled, taking a quick glance of Shino's outfit - which was Arti's doing. He didn't want to stroke his own ego but god did Shino look amazing in his cute little suit Arti made him. "What do you want to drink?" Shino asked him, Arti not even noticing Shino was still reading through the menu as he was so distracted

"Hmm... Cherry cola?" Arti asked, quickly fumbling to the drink section and choosing the first drink he saw, Shino noticing and rolling his eyes in amusement. "Ok cool... i don't know what i'll get actually" Shino mumbled, considering settling with a plain water however felt it was underwhelming for the scenery they were in.

Arti looked through the menu as well, carefully studying the description of each drink and the small shaded star review just by it. "The Martini's have a five star review!.. your first legal drink?" Arti pointed out, noticing most drinks had a 4-4.5 star review however the martini sat at a standing 5.

Shino looked at him quite blankly. questioning if his boyfriend, who almost broke up with him over coming back to the dorm drunk, had just suggested that he should have an alcoholic drink on their date. "Are you sure? I... um." Shino mumbled, rather stunned at Arti just returned the confusion.

"Yeah i mean.." Arti replied just as weakly, Shino nodding shallowly. Not opposed to celebrating his 18th pissed however more hesitant knowing his boyfriends... 'issues'. A small awkward silence fell over them for a moment, Shino debating if he should maybe double check if it was alright or just to leave it. "So.. therapy's going alright then?" Shino commented, taking a quick glance at Arti to check for any visible uncomfortableness in the conversation

He took a soft sigh and shrugged with a weak smile "yeah.. i guess you were right, it's made me feel a bit better about everything that happened last year - yknow, like killing my dad.." Arti joked, a morbid chuckle from Shino escaping despite the moral issues behind laughing about the fact you killed a man and nobody else knows except the person sitting opposite from you. "That's good that it's helped" Shino smiled, glad about the more positive update.