Revenge party

(This is cringe.... Lots of party chapters recently?)

Lunch. The holy grail of school finally freeing you from unbearable classes. Arti sighed as he walked down the corridor, making his way to his usual spot where him and his friends normally hung out.

"Arti!!" A familiar high-pitched voice called for him, shitty school shoes squeaking down the corridor after him. He turned to the direction of the voice just to see RikKu catch up to him with Yuki following behind. "Hi rikKu! Hi Yuki" he smiled at them, slowing down his pace so Yuki could catch up and they could all walk together.

"You going to that party?" Yuki asked, she was on a streak for asking as many people as possible to try get a ride there as Davis wasn't going. "Oh! Oh no, i'm not a partier to be honest" Arti shrugged, he knew damn well he was probably seen as boring and reserved for not going out as much as his friends did but loud parties just weren't his scene.

"Aww.. Me and Shino are going, i thought we could all go" RikKu frowned, however trying not to sound overly disappointed so she didn't guilt Artemis into coming even though he didn't want to. He saw the slightest look of guilt on his face, fortunately not enough to make him feel forced to go however. "I'm sorry RikKu.." he sighed, feeling tight for not going

RikKu decided to drop the conversation and just talk about something else, Arti feelings mattered to her more than an idea of a dorm night out anyways, her Arti and Yuki all walked together just talking about irrelevant stuff they could come up with.

RikKu quickly glanced over the corridors around them, just out of instinct and spacial awareness. "Oh hey, there's Shino!" RikKu pointed out, Yuki and Artemis looking over to where she was looking to see Shino and Jack talking, just close enough to hear each other faintly. RikKu smiled slightly, she couldn't help but notice the small look in Arti's eyes whenever Shino was around.

Yuki's face slightly fell if anything, but she chose to look past it to ignore any awkwardness since Shino's number one supporter was standing right next to them. Before Arti could even mention saying hi to him and Jack, Blake and another girl approached them and started talking to them, the three each collectively deciding to leave saying hi as they were already talking.

They just walked past casually, RikKu noticing she didn't know the other girl with Blake and assumed she was in a support class, she had straight Black hair tied into a ponytail and fair skin with soft freckles. "Hey Shino, are you going to tonight's party?" She had asked him, in clear earshot as they walked past "yeah, i think most of us are" Shino responded rather normally.

"Cool, i'll save you a drink" and RikKu couldn't hear Shino's reply as they had walked too far away, it didn't sit too well with her however she knew it was probably just friendly, like when you save your friend a seat it a school assembly. She glanced over at Yuki and Artemis, Yuki seemed as normal however Arti's face had completely fell, he was still slightly looking back before making eye contact with RikKu.

"What was the address to that party again?" He asked, his usual nervous and positive tone of voice practically missing, instead he was direct and more serious. RikKu instantly got chills, looking at Yuki who was already smiling at her, and she could only smile back. god this was going to be a good party.

Artemis let Shino and RikKu leave for the party, waving goodbye to the two of them and putting on the best fake smile he could. As soon as they leave he started to rush to get ready, getting the quickest shower of his life before speed dressing himself in his planned outfit.

He didn't want to be so late the party was in full swing, he just wanted to be fashionably late, and he couldn't be half ready when they left as Shino may suspect he was going and his attendance was meant to be a surprise.