A joint for two (villain AU)

(I'm actually starting to like this AU)

Artemis eventually found his way 'home' after the incident with Shino, his dad had a few words... and a few beatings. But honestly, it would've been worse, they had what they came for and their mission was successful. L.O.V.E's interference wasn't anything serious.

But it was decided Artemis still needed a little more excruciatingly tough training before he could lead a mission again. So for the next week the only time he felt his room was to train and use the bathroom, basically his normal life before Amare made the wrong decision that he could be trusted to be a leader.

But honestly? When your father's entire hopes for you is to grow up to become an awful person sometimes that backfires on him too. Artemis wiped his eyes slightly, too emotional to get any sleep, it was probably some ungodly hour now. He usually used the time he was meant to sleep as a moment for him to breakdown instead, if anyone in Amare's league were to catch him crying normally it would be the talk of the town.

He scoffed, sitting up shakily and ramming some pillows under his thin blanket to make it look like a body. Throwing on a thick hoodie knowing it would be cold before creeping out his shared room and gently closing his door.

The corridors were black, dark wooden floorboards producing creaks each time they were stepped on however Artemis had tried this so many times that he knew how to avoid the creaking. He snuck into the larger ward of his 'home', entering a small code into the door and wincing at the loud mechanic opening sound.

He propped the door open and headed to his dads room, slowly opening the door seeing his dad fast asleep. The state of his room compared to his dad's used to annoy him, however he grown not to care about the fact his dad lived in luxury and he shared a room that was almost falling apart.

Yet he mad a mission. Was it risky? Sure, if he got caught stealing from his dad he would be killed. But not because of what he was taking, more the fact he was betraying him. Amare couldn't care less about how Artemis felt, how he dealt with those feelings, and whatever 'addictions' he inherited from both parents.

Found it.

Artemis stuffed a pre-roll into his pocket, smiling to himself as he successfully closed his dads door without being caught. He knew it was predictable, troubled teen with addict parents uses weed as a coping mechanism to deal with his depression. But he didn't believe in all that mental health stuff, weed just calmed him down.

He celebrated to himself when he finally climbed out the window and landed outside. Successfully managing to sneak out, no longer caring about being caught returning as he could deal with the punishment, he just didn't want to be stopped.

He kept on walking, the sky completely dark and the world quiet as he walked. The pier was empty, dark sky reflecting on dark water that could be seen passed the rails.

He rested his elbows on the cold metal railing, looking out with a deep breath. He sighed, slipping his lighter out his joggers pockets as he pressed the joint to his lips and watched the fire flicked in front of him, the tip of the join sparking and fizzling with a soft light as a smoky-bitter smell started.

The took a drag, breathing in strongly before moving the joint away from his mouth. Parting his lips slightly he took another breath in, properly inhaling before breathing out. Thick clouds of smoke exhaling from him in soothing clouds.

His brain started to frazzle and fizzle out, his mind going silent and his body calming. In this mindset he finally could think, hopefully even get a little sleep too. He took another hit, watching the smoke around him fade into the hair.

He dreamed out, flipping into his own little world as he lost count on how many drags he had taken.

"I'd be surprised but i wouldn't put it past a villain to be a drug addict" a voice caught Artemis's attention. He glanced to his side, Shino standing over a street light with a slight smug smile on his face, almost like he enjoyed being beat half to death so much he continued to taunt Artemis.