Heist (suicide squad AU)

Artemis groaned, turning in his sleep carefully as the sound of talking woke him. "Sorry, did we wake you?" Sapphire quietly asked, her and Kiyo standing in the kitchen as Artemis squinted his eyes awake.

"Oh my god i feel so sick.." he complained, sitting up slightly and moving his hair out his face. The blanket fell away from his shoulders, he glanced at it in confusion. It was new, tag still attached. "Where's all this stuff come from?" Kiyo asked him, holding up a pot of instant noodles that he had a fork in ready to eat.

Artemis looked at him with confusion, his brain too tired and his body too sick to function. "I don't know, I was so fucking high.." he complained, putting his head back down in between his hands. Kiyo just rolled his eyes as Sapphire texted on her phone.

"Doc from downstairs says last night you were brought home by a cop" Sapphire mentioned, her eyes and smile widening as she continued typing. Doc had cameras downstairs for his shop, for some reason a kebab place meant enough to him that he'd pay for the cameras there. Artemis didn't understand why Doc even kept the shop open, then again it gave them food and a decent priced house so

"A cop?.." kiyo asked "that doesn't make sense, if a cop found him he wouldn't be waking up here." He shrugged, spooning a fork of noodles into his mouth. "Maybe they have up on us, wouldn't be a first." Sapphire replied, a morbid undertone behind her comment that would've made Kiyo's throat tighten if he wasn't so desensitised to it.

Sapphire unscrewed the bottle lid of the water, tipping it over Artemis's almost unconscious frame which startled him with a gasp as he sat up quickly. "WHAT THE FUCK" he snapped, slicking his wet hair out his face as he threw the wet blanket away from him. "Yuki's got plans, you can't be too hungover." She told him, drinking the rest of the water in the bottle.

.

Yuki flipped her pink curls out the way, practically prancing down the street, spinning a baseball bat between her hands as she glanced inside the shop windows, proving a difficult task as shop lights were off and the dark sky made it even harder.

"Why are you just on your phone? Yuki turned to Artemis who glanced up at her from his phone screen "you normally love these!" She whined. He paused the video on his phone, perfectly in view was Shino Basca dragging him into the house on the CCTV video. "You know how I was at the club last night?" Artemis begin

Yuki nodded, pausing her skipping so Artemis could catch up enough to walk next to her. "A cop apparently found me there, instead of arresting me for being high he brought me home" Artemis told her, Yuki raising her eyebrow at him before looking over at his phone and gasping "that's so odd!.. you got a cop friend!" Yuki chuckled

Artemis didn't return it, instead looking at the phone again with a smile. Ever since this morning he couldn't help but re-watch the video, at first it left him uncomfortable - why would a police officer be so nice to someone like him?... yet the longer he thought about it the less the uncomfortableness weighed on him. Instead, it made him feel something he was less familiar with. Artemis wasn't used to genuine kindness.

"If Ronin and agency shows up and he's with them, you don't kill him." Artemis told Yuki, a more serious and unusual tone in his voice, she picked up on the shift in his personality and sent him a questioning look. "Alright i guess." She shrugged.

The two approached the meeting spot. The rest of their villain 'friends's stud waiting for them, Shizu noticed them first, sending them a genuine smile which out of the entire group only they could muster. After all Shizu was probably the kindest, besides their only competition was RikKu.

However RikKu didn't look too happy, snarling them as they arrived "what took you two so long?" She whined, folding her arms as if she was a child. It irritated Yuki, the only reason she tolerated it was because Artemis saw some weird potential in her, and she saw potential in Artemis so she would stick with the group for now.