Introductions (villain AU)

(WOOOOOO FINALLY THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS AU I'VE BEEN HYPING UP FOR AGES. Yes this is the same universe as MHO meaning Marie and Amare will be featured. Speaking of MHO i'm doing this one a bit differently, with MHO and MHO season 2 i wrote and fully planned out the entire series before writing it however with this AU i'm more winging it and taking the plot wherever my motivation leads it really so i don't actually have many ideas, meaning this series is a lot more open to suggestions then the MHO series! So if you're enjoying this and have any suggestions or ideas for how the series continues lemme know cuz i want this one to be a lot more interactive instead of just a story you read and have no part in. Just for reference, this is gonna be a slow-burn enemies to lovers so, any suggestions try keep to that plot if thats okays💗)

We all know the story, we've already seen it. It began with a family, a mother, father and a son. A mother who fled to her home country to escape her husband who she discovered was a criminal, a villain, unfortunately having no choice but to leave her son. Leaving her only son who was only a young toddler with her dangerous husband.

The man was heartless, caring for a child was only now an inconvenience to him, so he gave the boy away. The story was a tragedy, he left Artemis at Lilium Orphanage when he was only 5. But Artemis was strong, he grew up at that orphanage, finding love for heroism and fashion, seeing his potential miss Rose sent him to Monarch Academy - the most prestigious hero academy.

We've read the story. Artemis excels at Monarch academy, meeting some of the closest friends and reuniting with his mother, only to finally take down his father.

That's what you were told right? Artemis just barely escapes a life of villainy by being sent to an orphanage not knowing who his parents truly where until he was capable of saving everyone from his father.

Sometimes the world is unfair. We know this.

Marie loved her son, she truly fought for him, in this timeline she didn't leave. At least she didn't choose to leave. She stayed for Artemis, wanting to keep him safe until she could afford to escape with him. Unfortunately she was too late, before she could leave Artemis's quirk manifested.

At first she hid it from Amare, not knowing what he'd do with Artemis if he knew, but with a small child with strong abilities and little control over them it was difficult to keep undercover. Amare discovered his sons quirk, along with that his potential.

Marie resisted, he begged and prayed to Amare to leave Artemis out of it, he was far too young to be exposed to the dangerous lifestyle Amare wanted to introduce to him. But Amare couldn't turn down the possibilities now, the heroes won't kill him knowing he had a small child with him, and he could abuse that fact until Artemis could control his quirk then assist him in his ventures.

So Amare killed Marie, brutally, poor Artemis watching. It was the first time he was exposed to death, unfortunately it would become common for him. With Marie gone Amare had full access to his naïve son, manipulating and controlling him with ease.

At first Artemis was distraught, traumatised from loosing his mother so suddenly and not understanding what Amare was asking of him with his quirk.

But after relentless months Artemis began to adjust. It took countless punishments, countless beatings when he refused, but his quirk became manageable - strong.

Once Artemis turned 13 he was dragged into missions with his father, watching Amare's league develop and progress as villains stocked in and developed their own league.

When Artemis turned 16 Amare gave him his own league, despite his pleads for him to just remain in the back of Amare's own league - however he learnt that whatever his dad said went and if he tried to protest it would hurt. Amare could no longer be assed to do small petty crimes, it was beneath him, people were scared of him, small robberies didn't make people more scared of him.