The Villains son (Villain AU)

Artemis winced as he touched his eye, already feeling it swollen and tender knowing he'd have a painful black eye in the morning. By now he had already inactivated his quirk, it was becoming tiring for him to hold the form any longer.

They all walked in silence behind Amare, Artemis didn't even know how Amare had found out about them being ambushed however from his silence ever since they left the dock he knew that Amare wasn't pleased.

He felt cold sweat fall down this neck, awkwardly picking at his nails as he walked in an anxious silence. He knew why his dad was mad, struggling to put up a flight against a random ambush from a group of vigilantes, how would he manage to fight against a proper hero? Let alone the top 10? He caught himself getting choked up, letting out a shaky sigh to compose himself.

Amare stopped walking, startling Artemis who froze straight away behind him knowing to not continue walking, he could see the other villains copy his movements. They all stud still waiting for Amare to continue back to their base, however when no commands came they all grew nervous.

"You four continue walking, i need to talk to Artemis." Amare finally spoke, turning to face them all. Artemis could see the cold forbidding stare plastered on his face, it felt like he was looking straight into his soul, he felt his breath already shaky.

He caught eyes with Lena quickly, giving him a questioning stare he was all to familiar with. She would always look at him for instructions, whenever anyone told her to do something she'd always run it past him, look for his approval, he was their leader after all. However Artemis had no authority over Tyrant, so instead looked away signalling for her to leave with the rest of them, and so she did.

Artemis watched the four of them walk away, choosing this as a safer option then locking eyes with his dad. Soon the street became silent again, normally Artemis wouldn't be fazed in the silence, yet the intimidating tension between his father not knowing what punishment would come for him let him on edge. He knew his dad was unpredictable, honestly he was scared of how that unpredictability could hurt him.

"What the fuck was that?" Amare finally asked, turning to face him and holding eye contact which trapped the air in Artemis's lungs, already knowing from his tone he was in shit. "W...What do you mean?" Artemis mumbled out with the most content voice he could muster.

"I give you one task, it wasn't difficult. Go onto an empty boat in the night in an empty area and take the shit and go, how do you fuck that up?!" Amare snapped, Artemis knowing panicking would have no use so forced composure and professionalism. "I wouldn't say it's fucked up, Milo and Christian put everything in their bags, we got what we came for. We were just ambushed" Artemis reasoned

Amare scoffed, grabbing his face forcefully which startled him. "Not a fuck-up?! Look at your face! They weren't even heroes, they were random vigilante kids your age. You would've lost that fight if i hadn't stepped in, you would've been arrested. I trusted you once to finally take control over a situation and you can't even manage that, and you know why? Because instead of focusing on winning that fight and killing those kids you prioritised Lena, She can swim Artemis! There was no need to risk and entire mission because she was too incompetent to pull herself up." Amare snapped.

Artemis fell silent for a moment, completely unaware Amare knew that he had taken a moment to help Lena out the water instead of continuing the fight. He understood why he was in trouble completely, he realised that if he couldn't even stand his ground against people his age he would have no chance against a hero if they were to intervene. He felt mortified about how badly he had failed.

"W-Well... we were ambushed, i had Milo look out for any people however i'll make sure he doesn't slip up again. We still managed to accomplish the base of the mission, a-and i have the journal with a description of each diamond! The ambush was sudden and won't happen again, i struggled as my opponent seemed to have the complete opposite quirk to mine. A-And with Lena there was no ladder and i needed her help to fight-"