Snow day

(Finally some fluff!!!! Enjoy it because it will never last🔥)

It was approaching Christmas time for Monarch academy, and in all honesty the last few weeks had been beyond stressful. With Kol's 'passing' and the lab being blown up, students involved were at their lowest. However since then everything had been calm.

Shino described it as the calm before the storm, in his mind something told him that it wouldn't last and would end horribly. The only person he had really talked to about his feelings was jack after they got back, over then that he kept it to himself.

Artemis was designing in his room, completely disconnected from the world around him as he mumbled comments to himself and folded and tossed fabric around. He was completely unaware of how long he had been working to be honest, it was finally the weekend meaning he had time to do whatever, whenever he was in his designing trances he could just continue for weeks.

Shino was sitting on the sofa in their dorm focused on his game. It was a disconnected Saturday, all of dorm 8 were all on different floors doing different things. No socialising, no contact, everyone just in their own exhausted trance. Honestly it was pretty depressing.

RikKu was half asleep when her phone started to ring, she groaned and pulled her phone closer to her to look at the screen "Hun<33" was calling. Shizu was calling. Her energy quickly restored as she answered the phone "H-Hi shizu!!" She cheered as she picked up "RIKKU HAVE YOU SEEN OUTSIDE??" Shizu yelled down the phone, pure excitement and overjoyed flooded their voice.

"H-Huh? No why?-" RikKu asked in confusion, startled by her parent's excitement "GET SOMETHING WARM ON LIKE A WINTER COAT!! ITS SNOWING!!" Shizu yelled, before hanging up the phone. RikKu gasped, she couldn't remember the last time it had snowed.

She quickly got up and threw a jumper on, running upstairs as quick as possible. Shino jumped as she ran upstairs quickly "woah!! Is everything ok?" He asked in surprise, watching his roommate fumble with her shoes and throw a massive fluffy coat on.
Her coat was white and fluffy, it was thick and had a hood and had a belt to secure it closed, Artemis had recommended she bought it and any fashion advice from Arti was definitely good advice.

"GET WARM STUFF ON. NOW!!!!!!" RikKu yelled, jumping up and down quickly and Shino practically threw himself off the sofa. He was confused and disoriented however he grabbed his trainers and slipped them on and began knotting the laces

Artemis jumped when he heard the commotion from downstairs. He sighed before heading down, worried about what could be going on. Shino noticed his boyfriend appear at the bottom of the stairs - this being the first time he's saw him all day - in his pyjamas and fluffy socks. His hair was still ruffled, he had clearly woken up and just started on his designs. He glanced at RikKu with confusion

"W..Whats going on??" He yawned, rubbing his eyes slighty. RikKu beamed, both of her dorm mates up and now ready for the natural surprise. "ITS SNOWINGGGGGGGG!!" She cheered, squeezing her eyes closed and throwing her hands in the air.

Shino's face relaxed from absolute shock into a goofy smile as he chuckled to himself, relieved that there wasn't an issue and it was just something cute and wholesome. He couldn't deny that the thought of snow after so long did excite him.
Artemis's eyes lit up as he gasped. "Snow?" He mumbled in almost disbelief. Excitement quickly started to bubble in him, he started waving his hands up and down in an excited manner involuntarily.

RikKu continued smiling, Clicking open the door to reveal the outside of the Monarch dorms as the Orphaned shadow manipulator gasped. He never often got to see snow, whenever it was snowing they weren't allowed out, last time it snowed was so long ago he was too young to even be able to go see it by himself. He would always watch out the windows as the white clouds coated the floor however he'd he yelled at for being distracted, he could finally see and even feel snow without being scolded.