Confusing cop (Suicide squad AU)

(TW: hardcore drug usage)

Finally it was their shift was over. Slow sad days drag in the office, paperwork for Ronin was actually incredibly boring when it was your only task for the day.

Shino, Blake and Jack all met up after their shift, deciding to go to a slightly-nearby restaurant a couple of miles from the police station. The restaurant had a tendency for being rough, a couple of smashed windows a couple of times a week. But before the whole crazy league of villain decade began when Shino was just a kid, it was a nice little place his mum used to take him to.

Shino sighed, huffing as he leant back into the booth, the red leather behind him was worn with small holes in it. Blake shifted unfortunately, despite how many lectures she had got from Shino on trying to be less pretentious and snobby she couldn't help but feel like the restaurant was a little uncomfortable and rough.

However Jack seemed unfazed, despite Shino being exhausted and Blake being uncomfortable his mood didn't seem affected or stunted in any way. "What are you guys gonna get?" Jack asked them, glancing at Blake who sat next to him and Shino who sat across from him.

"I don't think I'll eat." Blake shrugged, after saying the exact thing when drinks were offered. Shino scowled, by now hungry and irritated by her attitude. "Seriously Blake, you're refusing to eat here cuz it's dirty?" Shino mocked her, Blake staring at him with annoyance.

She scoffed, grabbing her jacket off the seat to her and standing up "I'm going to the bathroom." She snarled, putting her jacket under her arm. Jack looked at her distressed, standing up and sliding out the booth after her as Shino sat there with a blank look. "Blake wait!" Jack called out as she stormed off towards the bathrooms.

He turned around and shot Shino an evil glare, "what the fuck are you doing? Get up?!" Jack snapped at him, Shino huffing as he slammed a $5 bill on the table before grabbing his stuff before following Jack after blake.

She stud by some random bookshelf opposite the lady's bathroom, scrolling on her phone awkwardly. "Blake, are you ok?" Jack asked as he approached her, Shino staying a little behind him. Blake sighed, shoving her phone in her pocket with a shrug.

"Was it here? I mean we can go somewhere else" Shino suggested awkwardly, glancing around at the waiter standing outside with a cigarette as a guy reached over and took the dollar bill of their table Shino left for their drinks, he turned away deciding he couldn't give a fuck.

"Ronin's got this place on watch, look I just don't wanna get caught screwing round here ok? I actually care about my job." Blake complained, Jack sighing as he tried to pull her into a hug, Blake looking away with a fake gag and pushing him off her into the bookshelf next to them.

Jack's shoulder hit the row of books, knocking one off and pushing another back further into the shelf as it made an obnoxious click sound. "Ow! Shit blake" Jack complained, grabbing the book of the floor and using the palm of his hand to wipe any dust off.

He when to put the book back, however found the shelf to now be air. "Oh, what the actual fuck" Shino commented, Jack placing the book in the nearest open space instead. The sound of boring and typical dance music echoing much louder from down the stairs that were now exposed in the walls.

"Oh well we've paid our bill, let's go" Jack quickly began to usher the two away, deciding whatever was down the dark stairs leading into some strange basement was none of their business. Also, they didn't get paid to do police duties outside of their work hours.

"Wait wait wait!!" Blake protested, trying to stop Jack from pushing Shino and her out of the restaurant. "Maybe Ronin will finally recognise my stuff if we can crack this! I mean, he's been looking at this shitty place for weeks" Blake reasoned, however her other two friends not looking to amused