Sleep struggles

Atlas shot up out of bed, panting heavily as he could feel sweat drip down from his forehead

Atlas shot up out of bed, panting heavily as he could feel sweat drip down from his forehead. He allowed his shoulders to untense as his eyes scanned the dark room, he was in his room.

It was just a dream.

But it felt so real. His wings fluttered and tucked into his sides as he sat up properly as thick tears fell from his eyes, he quickly covered his mouth to try drown his sobs. His shoulders shook slightly and his throat became hoarse, his blurry eyes travelled to his sleeping siblings to make sure he didn't wake them with his crying.

It all felt too real, he could still feel each mark ghostly press on his body even though the marks were never there to begin with. He could still feel Mors's firm grip on his forearms.

He had a nightmare about Mors. He felt pathetic for it, for all the trauma his family had gone through - Lotus's wing, Brydad killing the seductive Rose and Dadpu loosing his arm again - his felt the most unimportant. I mean, he had been.. well. But Mors helped them defeat Seductive rose so he couldn't still be scared as Mors had helped them

Yet the memories of it all terrified him. He told himself it hadn't traumatised him, he was meant to be brave. Femi was the smart one, Atlas was the Brave on and Lotus was the caring one.

He scoffed quickly to himself, slowly creeping out of bed to avoid making noise as he left his shared bedroom. The house was dark yet warm as Atlas walked through the quiet house, the only sound were his still shaky breaths, his footsteps and the small hum of crickets from outside.

His eyes adjusted in the dark once again to reveal his kitchen, he blinked a few times and rubbed his tired eyes as he stud on his tip toes to open a cupboard and grab a glass.

He nudged the glass closer to him, barely able to see it so instead he had to feel his way to grabbing the glass. He scoffed realising he couldn't reach a cup so flapped his wings to elevate him into the air so he could properly reach now.

With his new height he could now easily reach, drowsily grabbing a glass cup from the cupboard and pulling it out. However he didn't notice the smaller cup in front of it and as he pulled the larger one out the smaller one fell forwards

It hit the ground with a smash, the glass shattering loudly on the floor. "Crap!" Atlas gasped, placing the glass he'd be using on the counter as he quickly grabbed a dustpan to clean away the glass

In his mind he prayed he hadn't woke anyone up. He was still shaken up from the events of his dreams and really didn't want to have to fake being ok to his family - he was already too exhausted to pretend anymore.

He made sure every cracked piece of glass was safely cleaned away as he filled his cup full of cold water from the sink and took a gulp. The coldness was a soothing contrast to the hot air around him, he carried his glass back to his room so he could go back to sleep. He knew he had to, he'd be cranky in the morning if he didn't get enough sleep.