Parties (rewrite)

(I thought it would be cute to rewrite some of my stuff from 2021 since its 2024 to see how different my writing is now soooo, here's a story that was poorly wrote as back then i didn't drink so had no idea how to write what being drunk felt like.)

Shino rested on the couch of his shared dorm, taking a moment to appreciate the rare tranquility. It was a rare moment both his roommates were out at the same time so he could finally choose the movie to watch despite the fact he paid for the netflix.

RikKu was doing her usual date with Shizu, they try go out with each other once a week. Shino really needed to take notes to be honest, her and Shizu rarely seemed to argue.

And for a surprising but pleasant change Arti decided to put himself out there more. David was hosting a party at his dorm and invited basically everyone from 1A and 1B, Shino was also invited however after their last party he had grown concerned he had some bad substance issues as he found once he starts drinking he can't stop until he's blackout drunk.

So he settled on a sober friday night. For a change. It was like a role reversal with Arti going out to a party and Shino having a lazy night in, normally Shino would have to beg for Arti to go to a party with him. But nonetheless he was happy for him to finally come out his shell

Plus Kiyo and Sapphire were there, so nothing bad could happen. Sure Kiyo wasn't the most responsible but Sapphire could manage to keep the two of them sober and alive until the party ended, Shino wasn't too bothered about the sober part unless Arti was blackout drink laying on the road outside like Shino usually was, he preferred his boyfriend to come back alive. Or at best with his important organs intact..

But Shino didn't dwell on it much. Arti was 16 now and didn't need to be supervised. The only thing that would pop into his mind now and then was how they always managed to get alcohol and cigarettes despite all of them being under 18 and wouldn't be served.. but then he'd remember how they begged Davis to go in for them with his ID. That was probably illegal but, he knew Davis wouldn't buy them 10 bottles of vodka for a party so.

Would he?.....

Just as he gave up contemplating the morals behind their party's his phone rang, which made him feel slightly on edge when he realised it was Sapphire, the party was probably 4 hours in now and it was bordering on midnight so normally sapphire wouldn't call and would've assumed he was asleep if it wasn't important.

"Um.. hey shino? I need a littlee... help." Sapphire mumbled down the phone, which wasn't helpful as there was loud music blaring in the background. "Sapphire? Are you ok?" Shino asked, slightly yelling to make sure he could be heard.

"You can't be mad!! I'm literally the only designated sober friend here, I couldn't physically look after all of them!!" Shino sighed after Sapphire said that, already knowing where this would lead. He knew he probably should've went to support sapphire as he Can actually handle his drink unlike half the student population apparently. But his selfishness and laziness got the better of him.

The call went quiet momentarily as he could hear sapphire yelling at someone from behind the phone, Shino waiting patiently for her to come back to the line as be paused his movie. "Yeah.. can you come pick Arti up?" Sapphire asked, Shino rolling his eyes and grabbing a hoodie from next to him on the couch. "Yep, on my way." He sighed with exasperating tones.

He quickly pulled on some trainers and not even bothering on his laces as it was literally a tiny walk. Mentally preparing himself for the worst so he wasn't horrified when he made it to the dorm party. When he stepped outside, not even bothering to lock the door as he'd be back soon, the cold air hit him harshly which made him shudder.