Chapter 53

◢✥◣

◥✥◤

◥✥◤

Feeling the warmth of the sun begin creeping up his back, Kars held his arms out victoriously, the sun felt much more wonderful than he initially assumed. It's golden glow gently caressed the surrounding area illuminating all the shocked faces before him, laughter tore through his body in loud waves.

"A perfect life form combines the abilities of all other life forms. It combines all life into one. But this...Breathtaking. Such beautiful radiance. That light is the most beautiful thing I've seen. And now I have conquered it!" Laughter once again rolled off the man, his hands were held out in a way that the sun caught them while his face held that of pure bliss.

"H-He's invincible! He has no weaknesses! Even Hamon won't work on him! He's immortal! Unstoppable! No one can beat him! He is complete! Kars, the ultimate being, is born!" Speedwagon's panicked voice did nothing to calm your buzzing nerves, but the man himself was just as surprised with the turn of events.

Turning your head faintly to see if you could gauge Joseph's expression, his face remained neutral, eyes briefly meeting with yours. "Jojo, what do we do?" Trying to keep your tone of voice low and steady you watched the brunette take in a breath.

"You trust me right?" Asking that he watched you give a nod in confirmation before continuing,"I have a plan." Deciding that he trailed towards Speedwagon Passing Lisa Lisa over to the man, "I have one last plan." Taking in a breath his loud voice called out towards the others. "Listen up! Do it till your last breath!"

Standing behind the teen, Stroheim called back, "Do what until my last breath?"

Tilting his head back towards where you stood an unspoken instruction was given, all the while the brunette leaned forward swiping the red stone from its place on the ground. "Run away!"

Bolting right after your friend you could hear Kars either laughing or yelling- what exactly it was you weren't sure but upon looking back you could see that the man had taken flight. Bird-like appendages made up his arms allowing him to fly.

"Holy shit! He's got wings! And he's catching up!"

"I love hearing you talk (Y/N) but pipe down for a sec! I'm trying to come up with something!" Exclaiming that back in response to what you'd said he hopped over a small edge beginning to slide down the side, you following suit quickly after.

Reaching the bottom more running ensued, "Listen (Y/N)! You don't have to keep running with me! I know Kars is just after me in some sort of celebration an-" "Shut up already will you?! If you and literally everyone else dies I'll be stuck with that!" Cutting off the brunette and pointing up towards the sky where Kars flew the statement drew out a quick laugh from the brunette.

"And this is why I like you, if I die here I'll miss our conversations." Casting his gaze briefly back towards you a wink was sent in your direction simply drawing out a groan.