Chapter #48

Chapter #48
Sam’s POV
“I wrote you a song the night I found out about the abuse. I never shared it with you because you were very on guard when it came to that topic but I have it memorized and I know it from heart. Can I sing it for you? You might actually recognize a few lyrics since I would sing to you after you had a nightmare when you lived with us. You were half asleep when I did but you might recognize a little bit of it and I would like to share it with you.” Scarlett tells me. “I would love to hear it, Baby.” I say, wiping the tears from her cheeks with my thumb. “Ok I’ll tell you when to hit record.” She tells me and I nod before I let her go. I gently lift her chin and lean down to connect our lips. Benny takes all the kids upstairs to the living room and says he’ll make dinner. Scarlett tells me to hit record so I do and I am in tears watching her sing from the heart she plays with my dog tags as she sings.

“Sometimes the night gets so long”
“You don't have to be, have to be strong”
“I will be right there if it all goes wrong”
“Sometimes the night gets so long”
“Bring on the fire, bring on the rain”
“No I'm not scared of carrying the pain oh”
“Bring on the fire, bring on the rain”
“No I'm not scared of the pain”
“We'll make it look like there's nothing to it”
“Yea they'll write books bout us and the mountains we're moving oh”
“I'll go through it with you”
“I'll go through it with you ooh”
“I wish I could take it away”
“I can't take it away”
“But I can help you bend when you feel you might break”
“I can be your relentless escape”
“Bring on the fire, bring on the rain”
“No I'm not scared of carrying the pain oh”
“Bring on the fire, bring on the rain”
“No I'm not scared of the pain”
“We'll make it look like there's nothing to it”
“Yea they'll write books bout us and the mountains we're moving oh”
“I'll go through it with you”
“I'll go through it with you oh-oh-oh-ohhh, oh-oh-oh-ohhh…”
“I'll go through it with you”
“(Cause I'm right here when you need me)”
“I'll go through it with you”
“(Don't worry bout it just call me)”
“We'll make it look like there's nothing to it”
“Yea they'll write books bout us and the mountains we're moving oh”
“I'll go through it with you”
“Oh-oh-oh-ohhh”
“Oh-oh-oh-ohhh”
“Oh-oh-oh-ohhh”

She was right. I do recognize a few of the lyrics I always thought I was dreaming. I never realized that she was actually singing to me to comfort me after a nightmare which I used to have every night for years. But years of therapy have helped. I still get the night mares but thanks to therapy I know how to deal with them better. I walk out of the soundbooth I don’t say anything. I just hug Scarlett and bend down to bury my head in her neck because now I’m the one who’s crying. “Come on, let's sit on the couch.” Scarlett says and we sit on the brand new leather couch and even though I’m bigger Scarlett still wraps her arms around me and holds me close. “I did in fact remember some of the lyrics. I always thought it was a comforting dream. I never realized you were actually singing to me.” I tell her as I sit up and hands end up in mine. “Nope it wasn’t a dream I’m glad it brought you comfort that was my goal.” She tells me. “Do you mind if I put some music with the vocials and put it in The Reign’s album. Because you know a lot of my music is to help people kinda like a big group therapy. I truly think this song will make a big impact on so many people like it did me.” I tell her. “I would love it if my song could help people.” Scarlett says.

We had a good dinner. Benny is a pretty good cook. He made some sort of pasta dish. It was really good. We got the kids to bed and Sarah called before Danny’s bedtime so she could tell him good night. “You know I need to post a meme today has been heavy and we need a little funny.” I say. “Should I be worried?” Scarlett chuckles. “I don’t know yet I haven’t decided which one I will use.” I tell her. “How many do you have?” She asks. “Probably too many.” I laugh.

“Straight up facts”[@ScarlettJohansson: Very very true][@SarahJohansson: Yep that  sounds right][@ElizabethOlsen: I agree][@BenjiMily: Yep]

“Straight up facts”
[@ScarlettJohansson: Very very true]
[@SarahJohansson: Yep that  sounds right]
[@ElizabethOlsen: I agree]
[@BenjiMily: Yep]

A/N
This chapter’s question is what is your favorite city? Mine is good old Kansas City Missouri. Anygays see you in the next one.