Chapter #114

Chapter #114
Scarlett’s POV
Mike is comforting Laura who is in a chair crying. “Sarah sweetie.” I say. “Oh good you are awake.” She says. “Mom what happened? Why did Mama do that? Why did she try to.. try to?” Sarah breaks down. “Come here baby.” I say scooting over a little and Sarah crawls in next to me and clings to my hospital gown like I’m going to disappear if she let’s go. “She needs more help than I can give her.” I tell Sarah. “Is it something we did? Or something we didn’t do?” She asks. “YOU FUCKING DUMN ASS WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!? ENDING YOUR LIFE IS NEVER THE ANSWER!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH PAIN AND FEAR YOU CAUSED I SPED HERE AND WAS PULLED OVER BY A COP THE ONLY REASON I DIDN’T GET A TICKET IS BECAUSE I TOLD THE COP WHY I WAS SPEEDING!! YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME AND MOM!!!” Benji screams as he storms into the room. “I thought that was the answer. I don’t want these memories anymore. My own mind is my own personal hell.” Sam cries. “You need to apologize to Scarlett, Sarah, and Danny. They are the only ones that understand what you tried to do. “I can’t face them. Especially Scarlett. This is the second time she’s seen me go that far.” Sam sobs. “Oh god. Ma please tell me she didn’t lose Janina please tell me I didn’t cause the death of my baby. Ma please. ANSWER ME!” She yells when Laura doesn’t respond. “Why don’t you ask your wife?” Benji says pointing to me and Sam looks at me and sees the two monitors then looks at the ceiling. Sarah gets up and walks over to Sam. “Mama look at me.” Sarah says but Sam turns away and Sarah grabs Sam’s face and forces her to look at her. “Why Mama?” Sarah asks. “I thought it was the best way to protect you. I thought you would be better without me.” Sam  says crying. “Well you’re wrong because I need my Mama. Mom needs her wife. We need you.” Sarah says crying as well. “I’m sorry I’ll get help. I’ll check myself into a hospital. I’m so sorry Sarah.” Sam cries. “Benji please help me get the beds together.” I say and he nods and pushes my bed against Sam’s. “Look at me please.” I say grabbing Sam’s right hand which is the un injured one. “Sammy please.” I say my voice cracking and she turns her head to look at me. “I’m so..” I cut her off by kissing her. “I’m just glad you and Janina are alive.” I tell her. “I meant what I told Sarah I’ll get help.” She tells me. “I know and I’ll be with you every step of the way.”  I tell her. “I’m sorry for scaring you. All of you, I'm so sorry. I got impulsive and I should have listened to Scarlett.” Sam says to everyone. “And Scarlett Baby. I’m so sorry. I love you and the kids I will work on getting better I promise. I'm so, so sorry Scarlett, I broke my promise.” Sam says resting her forehead against mine. “Don’t ever scare me like that again.” I cry. “I can’t promise that it won’t happen again but I can promise that I will do my best not to.” She says. “Thank you.” I say. “Sam Mily-Johansson. I’m here to transfer you to the physic ward.” A nurse says pushing a wheelchair. “Will there be visiting hours?” I ask. “Yes from 9 am to 7 pm.” She says. “Ok I will see you when the doctor gives me the all clear to go. We will visit you as much as we can.” I tell her. “I’ll do the work. I’ll get better. I'll start going back to therapy as well when I am discharged. I love you so much Baby.” She says as the nurse helps her into the wheelchair.

It’s been two weeks since Sam’s attempt and she has been working really hard to get better. She has an appointment with her old therapist later this week. She is being discharged today. I visited her everyday after I was discharged and I could see the improvement in her a little more everyday. Her arm has healed leaving a large scar. I’m sitting in my car waiting for her to come out and when she does, the smile she gives me is genuine. “Hey Baby.” She says when I get out of the car to hug her. “I’m proud of you for all the hard work you’ve done and are continuing to do.” I tell her. “I just want to get better.” She says as we get in the car. “And you are, I can see the improvement you’ve made so far. Let's get you home.” I say. “That sounds amazing” She smiles. “I will warn you Sarah still doesn’t want to talk to you.” I tell her and she sighs. “I don’t blame her. She needs to heal in her own time.” Sam says. “Danny really missed you. He was really upset to find out you had to be 18 or older to visit.” I tell her. As we drive back to the house her hand is in mine the whole time. “MAMA!” Danny yells when he sees Sam and runs to her and she scoops him up into a big hug. “Mommy and I got you something.” Danny says. “Oh you didn’t have to.” Sam says. “But we wanted to.” Danny says and runs to grab the gift. “Here. Mama told me what the semi colon means she said it means. “Although it is small, the semicolon symbolizes a message to the darkest times in people's lives that there is more to their lives than what's plaguing them” that’s why I got you this necklace.” He says handing Sam the small box. “Will you put it on me?” Sam asks Danny, getting on her knees and he does. “Thank you buddy I love it.” She says.

A/N
I’m going to have a time skip so not all chapters are emotional. No question for this chapter. Anygays see you in the next one.