Chapter #87

Chapter 87
Sam’s POV
Scarlett booked us a lake house up in Lake Bear and I couldn’t be more excited. The whole family is going. I can’t wait to fish with the kids and sit around a campfire and sing songs and just make core memories. I’m currently helping Scarlett pack the twins' stuff while Sarah said she’d help Danny. Ma and Mama Sloan are taking care of Elizabeth and Kai’s things. “When Benji gets here I’ll load up the fishing rods in his car and mine and Sarah’s guitars” I say to Scarlett. “Good idea, I want the suitcases in the back of the suburban so if he can take the fishing rods and guitars that would be great.” She says. We finish packing the twins' stuff and I bring their suitcases downstairs by the door ready to go outside. I head upstairs and walk into our room and pick Scarlett up and swing her around. “Baby! What are you doing?” She exclaims. “Just being a little goofy. I’m really excited for this trip.” I tell her placing her down on her feet and giving her a kiss. “It’s going to be a great trip, I already know it.” She says smiling and playing with the baby hairs on the back of my head. We get to work on packing our suitcases. Once we are done I carry our suitcases down as well. Seeing Danny and Sarah with their suitcases too. Then I hear Benji pull up honking his horn. I open the front door and wave to him and walk over to his car. “Hey Benji, I’m glad you’re able to join us on this trip” I say giving him a quick side hug. “Thanks, me too. Thanks for inviting me” he says. “Of course, I want my brother to be with us. Did you bring your guitar?” I ask him. “Duh, it’s in the back,” he says. “Ok, I need a favor, can you take our fishing rods and mine and Sarah’s guitars?” I ask him. “Yeah it’ll fit,” he replies. “Great, let’s head inside and start loading up the cars.” I say and we walk inside together. The kids greet their Uncle and Emma jumps into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck. “Hi my lady bug, how are you?” He asks Emma. “Good, I missed you Uncle Benji.” She says to him, giving him another hug. “I missed you too” he tells her and places a kiss on her cheek. “Alright we have all the suitcases here by the door that need to go into the suburban” I tell him as he sets Emma down much to her displeasure which makes him chuckle. We carry out the suitcases and load the suburban like it’s Tetris. Sarah brings out her guitar case along with mine and I have her load them into Benji’s trunk. I open the garage door and grab the fishing rods and tackle box and load them into his car as well. “Perfect, I think we got everything.” I say to him. We head back inside to see if anything else needs to be done.

Scarlett’s POV
I see Sam, Benji and Sarah walk back into the house. “Hey Benji” I greeted him, giving him a hug. “Hey Scarlett, thanks for inviting me on this trip” he says. “Of course you’re family don’t be silly” I say to him. “Is everything loaded into the cars?” I ask. “Yes, just need the humans,” Sam jokes, making me laugh. “Alright I’m going to change Kai and feed him before we go” I tell her. “Sounds good, if you need anything just yell and I’ll be right up” she says as they go sit in the living room while I head upstairs and start feeding Kai.

Sarah’s POV
“Are we renting a boat?” I ask Mama. “Yes, there’s a small Marina not far from the house that we will be going to that has boats to rent. I already booked one for us for our stay so that nobody else uses it.” Mama tells me. “I can’t wait to learn how to fish” I say to her and Uncle Benji. “It’s going to be a lot of fun. We will teach you how to catch and release” Mama says, making me nod. After sometime Mom comes downstairs with Kai wearing shorts, a tshirt and a little hat. “Aww he looks so cute.” I say to mom making her smile and do a quick pose with Kai making him giggle.

Sam’s POV
“Alright, should we go over the checklist of things, make sure we have everything?” I ask. “Since when are you on top of things?” Sarah jokes. “Hey I can be organized” I say back to her making her shrug her shoulders. “So we got bug spray, sunscreen, first aid kit, fishing rods, guitars, suitcases packed, diaper bag packed, snacks packed, cooler is packed, all the kids are here, Benji and our moms” I list off. “Am I missing anything else?” I ask Scarlett. “Nope, looks like we are all set to go” she says which makes us all cheer and we head out of the house. I lock up once everyone is outside and make sure we are all loaded into the cars and buckled in. I hand Scarlett my phone so she can DJ and play music while I drive. “Ok Johansson-Mily family we are off!” I shout out in the car, honking a couple times and heading out the driveway officially beginning our trip. Scarlett starts off with ‘I break things by Erika Jo’ which I crank up the volume a bit but not too much since I don’t want to hurt the little ones ears. Sarah joins in singing with me and it is a great start to our road trip.

A/N: Hey Chris here again. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thank you to our amazing author Jenna for the song suggestion I break things. We don’t own the rights to the song.
This chapter’s question is what was your first job? Mine was ice cream scooper at Oberweis
Take care see you all next chapter😊