Chapter #108

Chapter #108
Scarlett’s POV
“I’m seeing someone.” Laura says through the phone.
“Ma I have one question. Is he a good man?” Sam asks her protective side coming out.
“Yes sweetie he is. He knows about what your father did. I want you to meet him.” She says.
“Ok do you want me to fly out there or would you like to come out here?” Sam says this is not the reaction I expected.
“I’m already in LA.” She says.
“Laura please tell me you aren’t at a crappy motel.” I say.
“No, we are pulling into your neighborhood.” She says.
“Well doors open.” Sam says.
“Ok we will be there soon.” Laura says hanging up.
“Sam, how do you feel about this?” I ask her as she starts to pace. “Ma felt safe enough with this man to tell her about Marcus so I don’t know. I want to make sure she’s safe so they can stay here in separate rooms of course.” Sam says. “Sam, we only have one guest room left since my Dad is here.” I say. “We have a pull out couch.” Sam says. “No Sam, they are adults, they can share a room.” I say cupping her face. “Fine but I’m sleeping between them.” She says. “Oh my god Sam no.” I chuckle. “Let’s get upstairs, they should be here soon.” I tell her and she nods and picks me up bridal style and we walk upstairs. We are sitting on the couch. Sam is running her hands through my hair when the door opens. “Yoo hoo.” Laura calls out. “In the living room.” Sam calls out sitting up. “Hey Sammy, where is everyone?” Laura asks. “At the zoo, except Kai, he's taking a nap.” Sam says holding up the monitor showing Kai asleep in his crib. “Can I stand to hug my Ma?” Sam jokes, messing with me and my clinginess. I let her go and she hugs her Ma while a man who I assume is the man Laura is seeing comes in with the bags. “Sammy, this is Mike.” Laura introduces. “Hi Sam, it's great to meet you. Laura talks about you all the time.” He says holding out his hand which she shakes. “Well I just found out about you but this is my wife Scarlett.” She says, gesturing to me. “Hi I’d get up but I’m comfortable and pregnant.” I say as an excuse of why I can’t stand properly right now. “Congrats Laura was absolutely beaming when she told me. She adores her grandkids. Sarah is sweet. I've only met her once but I wasn’t dating Laura then I was just a simple electrician that Laura hired and Sarah was there, sweet girl.” He says. “Yes she is and if you..” He cuts Sam off. “Laura already said they’d never find my body if I hurt anyone she cares about.” He says. “She’s not wrong.” Sam says. “Ok stop, I like him.” I tell Sam. “So can I take your bags?” Sam asks. “I’ve got them I could use some help finding where I need to put them.” He says. “I’ll show you Hun.” Laura says. “Lead the way Beautiful.” He smiles. “He doesn’t seem that bad.” Sam says sitting back down and I curl into her side. “You are very clingy. And I fucking love it.” Sam smiles pulling me in closer. Laura and Mike come back down stairs and sit on the couch to our left. “So Mike, do you drink?” Sam asks. “Sam.” Laura scolds. “No Honey I understand why she would ask. And no I don’t my father and mother did and were not the nicest when drunk so I stay away from it. The only beer I drink is non-alcoholic beer.” He says. “I’m sorry for being so direct it’s just well Ma said she told you about Marcus.” Sam says. “He never deserved her.” He mutters but loud enough for us to hear. “I like him Ma.” Sam says and we are all surprised by that. “Really? You aren’t just saying that to make me happy?” Laura asks. “No, I actually like him.” Sam smiles. “Ooo we should celebrate with some lost trail.” I say. “What’s that?” Mike asks. “Only the best root beer ever.” I say. “I’ll get us some. Ma, Mike would you like one we’ve got plenty?” Sam says getting up, making me whine. “Yes please.” Mike says. “You already know my answer sweetie.” Laura says and Sam heads to the kitchen. “So how long have you been seeing each other?” I ask. “Since Sarah moved back home.” Laura says. “Mike, tell us about yourself.” Sam says as she walks back in and hands us all our drinks. “Well I am a widower. I have a son whose name is Jack. We run the electric company together.” He says. “You’re a dad?” Sam asks. “Yes, here is a picture.” He says with a wide smile showing us a picture clearly he is  a very proud father. “He actually had a similar reaction you did when I told him I was with Laura.” He chuckles. “Sounds like we’d get along.” Sam says. “Oh you would.” Laura says. “It wasn’t till two months into our relationship that Laura told me that you are THE Sam Mily.” He says. “I needed to gauge your reaction.” Laura says. “And nothing changed about how you looked or treaked me.” Laura smiles. “I’m not in a relationship with Sam, I'm in a relationship with you. And I love you for you.” He says each word full of sincerity. “Oh Scarlett I got you something for the kids and the little one for when they get here I’ll be right back.” Laura says leaving the room. “You love her like you really love her. Marcus never looked at Ma the way you do.” Sam says. “I do have my own motive for coming with your Ma.” He says pulling a ring box from his pocket. “I would like your permission to marry Laura. When my wife died I never would have thought I would love again then I met your mother. I need your permission Sam.” He says. “You have it.” Sam replies what we didn’t know is Laura was at the bottom of the steps. “Yes.” Laura says making her presence known. “Let me at least ask.” He jokes as he gets down on one knee. Laura Janet Mily, will you do me the greatest honor and be my wife?” He says. “Yes. I would love to be your wife.” Laura says. “Congratulations Ma. Wait, I have to meet my brother and he has to meet his other brother.” Sam says. “It’s a good thing he’s flying out here tomorrow then he knew I was going to propose on this trip and he wants to meet you.” Mike said. “I can’t wait but he’s going to have to take the couch. We are turning one of the guest rooms into Elizabeth's room so she doesn’t have to share with the twins.” Sam says. “Oh little man is up.” Laura says when we hear Kai begin to get fussy through the monitor. “I’ll get him.” Sam says knowing I still can’t walk properly. “Hey little dude. Grandma is getting married and maybe someday you can call him grandpa.” We hear Sam through the monitor and Mike tears up. “I didn’t think she’d warm up to me so quickly.” He says. “You were honest about your past, you put Laura first. You know how much Sam’s approval means to Laura and you wanted to honor that and I never saw Marcus look at Laura like you do or call her pet names.” I tell him. “Mike, why are you crying? What's wrong?” Sam is concerned when she enters the living room with Kai. “We heard you through the monitor.” I tell her and she goes red. “I’m sorry. I got excited. I'm not going to force the kids to call you grandpa if you don’t want and I won’t force you to let me call you Pa.” She says and Mike's head snaps up. “I would be honored if you called me that.” He says and we are all an emotional mess. “Ok well then welcome to the family Pa.” Sam smiles and hands Kai to me and Mike and Sam share a long hug. “Oh and I don’t like the term step parent. Or step siblings.” Sam says. “Good because Jack has already called Laura Mom a few times.” Mike says. “Let’s watch a movie and Scarlett hand over my grandbaby.” Laura says and I hand her Kai. Sam and I get comfortable on the couch and they put on Avengers great.

Sarah’s POV
We get back to the house and I see Mom and Ma asleep on the couch Ma’s arms wrapped securely around Mom. “Shhh we don’t want to wake them.” Granma Laura says coming to greet us and is that the electrician guy? And a ring on Grandma’s hand I made a mental note to talk to her later. “I’ve got to get a picture of them.” I say and I walk into the living room while Grandma greets everyone else.

“Even asleep Ma is always protecting Mom” [MelanieSloan: One cute two is Scarlett wearing Sam’s shirt?][ElizabethOlsen: Yep that’s one of Sam’s flannels][LauraMily: So cute how they hold each other][ChrisEvans: I’m so single][KarstenJohansson: My ...

[MelanieSloan: One cute two is Scarlett wearing Sam’s shirt?]
[ElizabethOlsen: Yep that’s one of Sam’s flannels]
[LauraMily: So cute how they hold each other]
[ChrisEvans: I’m so single]
[KarstenJohansson: My little girl is always safe]

“Shhh I’m growing a human and need rest.” Mom grumbles. “Sorry Mom.” I whisper but she opens her eyes and turns her head to face me when she hears me. “How was the zoo?” She whispers so she doesn’t wake Ma. “It was good. Why is the electrician guy here and why does Grandma Laura have a ring on?” I ask. “That’s a story for her to tell, not me. I love you Honey but I really am tired and would like to get back to sleep.” She says. “Can you check Instagram after your nap?" I ask and she nods and nuzzles her face back into Ma’s neck and soon falls back asleep. I lay a blanket over them so they don’t get cold. We all gathered in the dining room. “Ok spill.” I say to Grandma. “Mike and I are getting married.” She smiles holding up her hand to show the ring. “Does Ma know?” I ask knowing how protective she can get. “Yes she does, I asked her permission and she said I could ask Laura to marry me and she.. She called me.. Sorry I’m trying not to get emotional but she called me Pa.” He says with tears of joy. “Holy shit.” Pop pop says. “What, why, holy shit?” Auntie Liz says. “She doesn’t refer to Marcus as Dad she hasn’t since the night she came to live with Melanie.” Pop pop says. “Really? Laura told me that was when Sam was sixteen.” Mike says. “Yeah you have no idea what it means for her to have someone to be able to call that. She’s always said Papa Johansson when she was younger but that was the closest to actually calling me Pa or Dad.” Pop pop says. “I won’t take it for granted.” Mike says. “If you are marring my Grandma does that make you my Grandpa?” Danny asks. “Only if you want to call me that. If not, you can call me Mike.” He tells Danny. “I like Grandpa Mike better.” Emma says. “Me too.” Wyatt and Danny say. Elizabeth is sitting in my lap and I just sit there shocked. I thought I saw a spark between them when he came to fix the lighting in the living room of Grandma Laura’s house but that was almost a year ago. I didn't expect this. “Sarah sweetie.” Grandma says grabbing the hand I had resting on the table. “I’m sorry it’s just a lot. I’m happy for you I am but I’m just surprised.” I say. “Is it ok if I still call you Mike for now?” I ask him. “Of course I don’t want you to feel like you have to call me grandpa just because I’m marrying your grandmother. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me, I want you to feel safe.” He says. “You know Ma said the same thing when they took me in.” I smile.

A/N
Aww a sweet chapter. This chapter’s question is what’s the best present you’ve ever received? For me is my Great Grandma Robbie’s typewriter. It's very special to me because she is no longer with us. Anygays see you in the next one.