Chapter #102

Chapter #102
Scarlett’s POV
“Hey Penguin.” Sam says as she walks into the studio. “What are you doing down here?” She asks. “We are going to record ‘The Bones’ remember.” I chuckle at my scatterbrained wife. “Oh yeah that’s why I came down here.” She says. “I like that we are making an album together. It's nice to get back into making music.” I smile. “Yeah well I know you normally work with Pete Yorn but..” I cut her off. “Pete is great but I enjoy working with you better.” I tell her, making her smile. “I’m glad. Shall we?” She says handing me the headset. “We need another mic, Babe.” I tell her I know we have more in the storage closet in the soundbooth. “No we don't. I just figured we do the same thing we did when we recorded ‘Dusk Till Dawn’ . I just hold you as we sing together.” She says, making me smile widely. “I do like it when you hold me.” I say. “I know and I like holding you.” She says kissing my cheek. “Ok ready three, two, one.”

Karsten’s POV
I am walking down to the studio but stop outside the door when I hear Scarlett and Sam talking. I can see them through the crack in the door. They didn’t close it all the way.. “We need another mic, Babe.” Scarlett tells Sam.  “No we don't. I just figured we do the same thing we did when we recorded ‘Dusk Till Dawn’ . I just hold you as we sing together.” She says. “I do like it when you hold me.” Scarlett says. “I know and I like holding you.” Sam says kissing Scarlett’s cheek. “Ok ready three, two, one.”

“We're in the home stretch of the high times”
“We took a hard left, but we're alright”
“Yeah, life sure can try to put love through it, but”
“We built this right, so nothing's ever gonna move it”
“When the bones are good, the rest don't matter”
“Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter”
“Let it break, 'cause you and I remain the same”
“When there ain't a crack in the foundation”
“Baby, I know any storm we're facing will”
“Blow right over while we stay put”
“The house don't fall when the bones are good”
“Mmm-mmm, mmm”
“Call it dumb luck, but, baby, you and I”
“Can't even mess it up although we both try”
“No, it don't always go the way we planned it, but the”
“Wolves came and went and we're still standing”
“When the bones are good, the rest don't matter”
“Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter”
“Let it break, 'cause you and I remain the same”
“When there ain't a crack in the foundation”
“Baby, I know any storm we're facing will”
“Blow right over while we stay put”
“The house don't fall when the bones are good”
“When the bones are good”
“Bones are good, the rest (baby, it don't really matter), the rest don't matter”
“Paint could peel, the glass (oh, the glass, oh, the glass) could shatter”
“Bones are good, the rest (ooh), the rest don't matter (ooh-ooh, ooh)”
“Paint could peel, the glass, the glass could shatter (yeah)”
“When the bones are good, the rest don't matter”
“Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter”
“Let it break (let it break, let it break), 'cause you and I remain the same (woo-ooh-ooh, ooh)”
“When there ain't a crack in the foundation (woo-ooh-ooh, ooh)”
“Baby, I know any storm we're facing will”
“Blow right over while we stay put”
“The house don't fall when the bones are good”
“Yeah-eh-ey”
“Ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh”
“Ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh”

They finish the song and I enter the room clapping. “Oh hey Dad.” Scarlett says. “That was beautiful you two. Scarlett, I'm so happy to see you getting back into music.” I tell her. “I’ve got a pretty good partner to do it with.” She says looking up at Sam who just smiles down at her. “So I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but I heard you mention another song you did together. Are you two doing an album?” I ask. “Yep we are.” Sam says not letting Scarlett go it’s cute how they always have each other. “Well I came down here because the twins want you to play monopoly with us.” I tell them. “Scarlett and I aren’t allowed to play monopoly together.” Sam says. “Why?” I ask. “We get too competitive.” Scarlett tells me. “But we can watch you guys play, it'll be cute.” Sam says and Scarlett nods. “Ok let’s go then.” I say. “I’ll meet you guys up there. I’ve got to make sure all the equipment is off.” Sam says. “Ok see you up there.” Scarlett says, stepping on her toes to give Sam a quick kiss before we head upstairs.

Sam’s POV
Emma, Wyatt, Danny, and Karsten are all sitting around the coffee table playing monopoly as Elizabeth does her own thing drawing something what I don’t know. Kai is sat between Scarlett and I with one of his teething toys that he is going to town on. Bently is on my other side with his head in my lap. Scarlett has given up on stopping him from getting on the couch or in bed with us. He is just a gentle giant. “Did Sarah tell you what she’s doing today?” Scarlett asks. “All I know is that she left with a bouquet of roses. I think she is dating someone but I don’t know who.” I tell her. “She probably doesn’t want you to scare them off.” Scarlett chuckles. “All I did was clean, Chieftain, while I talked to them.” I say with a smile. “Chieftain is a Scottish claymore Babe. Aka a big ass sword.” Scarlett says. “You gave me that sword.” I say. “I know but I didn’t think you would use it to scare Sarah’s date.” Scarlett says. “They need to know not to mess with my baby.” I say. “Babe, she'll be 19 in June.” Scarlett says. “Yes I know but look me in the eye and tell me that no matter how old she gets she won’t always be your little girl in your eyes.” I say. “Oh you know I can’t do that.” She says. “Exactly.” I say. “Scarlett you are married with your own kids but you are still my little girl to me.” Karsten says. “Thanks Dad.” She says with a smile. “Did you see Flo’s post?” Scarlett asks. “I saw a cooking one.” I say. “No, her Marvel meme post.” Scarlett says. “This bitch is getting into my territory.” I say. “Bitch.” Kai repeats and Scarlett glares at me. “Kai never repeat what Mama says.” Scarlett tells him not in a scolding manner. “I’m gonna look at the post now.” I say.

“Nat needed a hug”[ScarlettJohansson: That was you on set][FlorencePugh: Yeah true][SarahJohansson: Aw that’s cute][SamMily: As the president of Marvel memes I approve][ElizabethOlsen: Oh lord][FlorencePugh: I’m honoured][SamMily: Hey Britain you ...

“Nat needed a hug”
[ScarlettJohansson: That was you on set]
[FlorencePugh: Yeah true]
[SarahJohansson: Aw that’s cute]
[SamMily: As the president of Marvel memes I approve]
[ElizabethOlsen: Oh lord]
[FlorencePugh: I’m honoured]
[SamMily: Hey Britain you spelled honored wrong]
[FlorencePugh: No I spelled it in the queen's english]

A/N
Ha Sam being all mama bear. I will put a picture of Chieftain in the comments. Anygays see you in the next one.