Chapter #93

Chapter #93
Scarlett’s POV
Laura actually bought pregnancy tests. “Here dear you don’t have to take them right now but if you want to you have some.” Laura says handing me a CVS bag. “Thank you, I'll just take these upstairs.” I tell her and she nods before getting distracted by Emma needing huggies as she puts it. It wouldn’t hurt if I took one right? I think to myself as I go upstairs Benji went out to buy fireworks. I take two of the tests out of the boxes and set a timer on my phone and take the test. I pace back and forth as I wait. Why am I nervous? I've done this multiple times before. The timer goes off and I look to see that both tests are positive and I can’t help but smile. I hide the boxes and take the positive tests and put them in my pocket. “Benny I thought you were just getting small fireworks.” Sam laughs at her brother. “I wanted to go all out.” He says. “You most certainly did. Just don’t let the kids near them understand.” Sam says sternly. “I know that.” He says.

Sam’s POV
“10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!” We all cheer, the littles went to bed hours ago and Benji is setting off the fireworks. “Happy New Year Baby.” “Happy New Year Mama.” Scarlett replies putting something in my hand. “What’s…Oh my god. You’re pregnant!” I cheer before leaning down to connect our lips. “I’ve already set up an appointment for later this week after we get home to confirm it.” Scarlett says. “When did you take these?” I ask. “Earlier today after Laura bought them. Our moms have this weird obsession with having as many grandkids as possible.” Scarlett laughs. “That they do. Hey Sarah, come here!” I call out. “What is it?” She asks. “I guess I owe you twenty bucks.” I tell her. “No way! Seriously!” She squeals and Scarlett nods and Sarah engulfs her in a hug. “Another one to add to my mini army.” Sarah says jokingly. “What’s going on over here?” Mama Sloan asks with Ma not far behind her. “Well I’m pregnant.” Scarlett says with a giant smile. “YES MORE GRANDBABIES TO SPOIL!” Mama Sloan cheers. “Oh my god.” Scarlett groans. “Well I’m tired and I’m going to bed.” Scarlett yawns. “I’ll come with you. I'm pretty tired too.” I say. We get ready for bed and in comfortable clothes before slipping into bed. “This is the best New Year's surprise I’ve ever had.” I say holding Scarlett close one hand just resting on her stomach. “Good night Penguin.” I say with a smile. “Good night, beautiful cinnamon roll.” She says before resting her head on my chest falling asleep to the sound of my heart beat. I jump slightly when I hear more fireworks. I thought they were done. I jump again when another one goes off. “Hey, hey it’s ok. I’m right here. It’s just fireworks.” Scarlett says soothingly, holding my face in her hands. “I’m sorry. I just thought they were over. I didn't mean to wake you.” I apologize but she shakes her head. “I’d rather help you through it then you go through it alone. So just follow my breathing and know that there may be more fireworks. That’s it follow my breathing good you are doing good.” She says as she coaches my breathing. “Thank you.” I say after my breathing goes back to normal. “Is there anything else I can do to help?” Scarlett asks. “No not really you coached me out of it so I do feel better now.” I say honestly. “Good.” She says before connecting our lips. “Will you remind me to stock up on ginger ale and salteens when we get home?” I ask. “Really? That’s what you are thinking about?” Scarlett laughs. “Yeah you tend to get really sick in the the first second and third trimesters. I need a lot of ginger ale.” I say seriously. “You have a panic attack and then the first thing you ask me is to remind you to stock up on ginger ale?” She says laughing. “Yes. Wait there is something else you can do for me.” I say. “What?” She asks. “Kiss me again.” I smile. “That I can do.” She says before leaning in to connect our lips again.

A/N
The idea of Scarlett telling Sam after the fireworks was Chris’s idea and I loved it. This chapter’s question is what was one of your favorite dining experiences? Mine was at this restaurant called Lamberts in Springfrield MO where they literally throw the dinner rolls at you. Anygays see you in the next one.