Chapter #99

Chapter #99
Sam’s POV
Scarlett has a large blazer that she took from me as she becomes more and more self conscious. “Hey talk to me, what's going on in that head of yours?” I ask as she paces back and forth in the dressing room. “I don’t normally go out in public when I am farther along.” She says placing her hand over the baby bump. “Hey you don’t have to do it. I can sing another song right Benny?” I ask my brother. “Yeah Scarlett if you are uncomfortable you don’t have to do this.” He says. “No, I want to. Can I keep the blazer on till we announce it?” She asks. “Of course you can. I always take it off anyway.” I tell her. “Thank you.” She says. “You don’t have to thank me.” I tell her as I wrap my arms around her. “Knock knock.” Jimmy says as he comes in. “Hey Jimmy, how are you?” I ask. “I’m good. You guys ready?” He says. “As ready as we’ll ever be.” Scarlett says. “You heard the woman.” I joke. “Alright well I’ll call you out in about five minutes.” He says and we nod.

Scarlett’s POV
We get called out on stage and Sam’s blazer does a great job hiding the baby bump. Jimmy knows we have an announcement he just doesn’t know what it is. “Scarlett, Sam it’s wonderful to have you back on the show.” Jimmy says. “Thank you. Jimmy it’s good to be back.” I say and Sam nod in agreement. “The twins just turned five last week is that correct?” Jimmy asks. “Yes they are growing so fast.” Sam says. “So I’m curious what is this special announcement you two are making?” Jimmy asks and I look at Sam and she gives me a comforting smile. I take off Sam’s blazer and Jimmy’s eyes go wide. “We are having a baby. I’m three months along so this little one should be making an appearance sometime in August.” I say. “Congratulations you two, the kids must be really excited to have another sibling.” He says. “Oh they are. Emma and Danny I think are the most excited. We were watching Sing the other day and the song ‘Set It All Free’ started and Emma oh my god it was so cute. She was sitting curled into Scarlett’s side like usual when we watch something. Well Emma put one hand on the baby bump and used the other to point at the TV as she said and I quote. “That’s Mommy’s song. She plays Ash.” She said that while looking directly at the baby bump as if she could see them, it was adorable.” Sam beams and the whole crowd lets out a collective awe. I lean back into Sam’s side and she instinctively wraps her arm around me. “So do you know the gender yet?” Jimmy asks. “Yes it’s a girl.” I say with a giant smile. “You guys have quite the family. I mean six kids and about to have your seventh.” He says. “Yeah we wanted a big family, what's wrong with that?” Sam asks defensively. “It’s just a lot. I was surprised you had Elizabeth and Kai.” He says. “What does that mean?” Sam asks through gritted teeth. “Well I mean there are ways to..” I cut him off. “Don’t finish that sentence!” I snap. “We’re done here. Goodnight everyone.” Sam says and we leave. “Was he seriously saying he thought we would, you know?” I ask angrily. “Yeah I think he was. I mean I’ve always told you it’s your body and I would support your decision but we have always wanted each one.” Sam says. “Yeah especially with what happened after I got to L.A for Iron Man 2.” I mutter out loud and Sam nearly slams the brakes. “What?” She says oh fuck I didn’t mean to say that out loud. “Let’s get home and I will tell you everything through the song I wrote about it.” I tell her and she nods. We get home and Sam and I go straight to the studio. “I need to go get a journal from back then it has the song in it I’ll be right back.” I tell her.

Sam’s POV
What’s happening? She went to get an old journal. What happened when she came to L.A? “Ok so I’ve wanted to tell you about this since I got pregnant with Danny.” Scarlett says when she comes back in. “Scarlett what happened? What did you want to tell me?” I ask. “Please just go to the soundbooth.” She says and I nod.

“Today could have been the day”
“That you'd blow out your candles”
“Make a wish as you closed your eyes”
“Today could have been the day”
“Everybody was laughing”
“Instead I just sit here and cry”
“Who would you be?”
“What would you look like”
“When you looked at me for the very first time?”
“Today could have been the next day of the rest of your life”
“Not a day goes by that I don't think of you”
“I'm always asking why this crazy world had to lose”
“Such a ray of light, we never knew”
“Gone too soon yeah, yeah, yeah”
“Would you have been president?”
“Or a painter, an author”
“Who sang like your mother”
“One thing is evident”
“Would have given all I had”
“Would have loved you like no other”
“Who would you be?”
“What would you look like?”
“Would you have my smile and her eyes?”
“Today could have been the next day of the rest of your life”
“Not a day goes by that I don't think of you”
“I'm always asking why this crazy world had to lose”
“Such a ray of light, we never knew”
“Gone too soon yeah, yeah, yeah”
“Not a day goes by”
“I'm always asking why”
“Not a day goes by that I don't think of you”
“I'm always asking why this crazy world had to lose”
“Such a beautiful light, we never knew”
“Gone too soon”
“You were gone too soon”
“Not a day goes by”
“That I don't think of you”

Sang like your mother? Her eyes? No. “I didn’t know how to tell you.” Scarlett says, crying when she comes into the soundbooth. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you. I’m sorry you had to go through it alone.” I tell her as I pull her into me and she breaks down.

A/N
That song was ‘Gone Too Soon’ by Daughtry. No question this chapter the next one will be happy I promise. Anygays see you in the next one.