Chapter #119

Chapter #119
Scarlett’s POV
I didn’t expect Sam to deliver Janina but I’d rather Sam between my legs than some stranger. “Mrs. Johansson-Mily?” A nurse asks, opening the door. “Yes but please be quiet, my wife is asleep.” I whisper back pointing to sleep. “There are some people here Laura and Mike MacLean. They said they are family but with this being a private room I need to ask you or your wife’s permission for them to come in.” She says. “Oh those are Sam’s parents, yes they can come in.” I say. “Ok there is also a General Paul Rich here.” She says. “Paul’s here?” I ask teary eyed. “Yes Ma’am is he allowed in?” She asks. “Yes he is. He is Sam’s dad.” I say. “WHAT MARCUS WHERE!?” Sam says, jumping out of the bed half asleep. “No honey Paul.” I say. “He came?” She asks, getting emotional. “I came kiddo.” He says walking in and Laura runs right past Sam and straight to me and Janina. “How did he know?” I ask Laura. “I called him. Can I hold her?” She asks. “I thought you were in Norway.” Sam says still hugging him. “I retired and Merideth and I are moving to LA so I can be near my Daughter.” He says and I expected a groan from Laura but her smile only grows. “Hi Paul, I'm Mike Laura’s husband.” Mike says. “If you hurt my Daughter’s mother they will never find your body. Because if you hurt Laura that hurts Sam and nobody hurts my Sammy and gets away with it.” Paul says protectively and Mike gulps. “Dad, he's a good one. Pa is a good man.” Sam says. “Oh right sorry it’s just Sam means a lot to me I’d adopt her if I could.” Paul says. “I know you would.” Laura smiles. “Hi sweetie I’m sorry for running past you I am just excited.” Laura says walking up to Sam and hugs her with her free arm. “Dad, Pa come meet Janina.” Sam says and Paul freezes. “Paul what’s wrong?” I ask. “That was my mother’s name.” He says and Sam smiles. “I know I remember you telling me about her.” Sam says. That’s why she was so insistent on the name. “Sam you didn’t tell me that.” I say. “I wanted to surprise Dad and Baby I love you but you suck at keeping a secret” She says she’s not wrong. “Ok fair.” I chuckle. “Can I hold her?” Paul asks. “It’s your grandbaby too.” Laura says handing him Janina. “You are adorable. Sam, I assume you already wrote a song for her.” Paul says. “You know me so well.” Sam says. “Can we hear it?” I ask. “Let me get my guitar from the truck.” Sam says and leaves the room. “Ok what happened? Ma I thought you hated Paul.” I ask now that Sam is out of the room. “You hated me? Why?” He asks. “I did. For a while because I felt like Sam liked you more as a parent than she did me. But I realized that wasn’t the case after Mike talked some sense into me. He’s the one who told me to call Paul a few months ago and when Paul told me how Sam talked about me not just when they were serving together but also after they reconnected when you were doing Black Widow. So really you should thank Mike.” Laura says. “No you don't. I just remembered how fondly Sam talked about Paul and I thought that Laura should just talk to him.” Mike says humbly he really is a good man and I’ve never seen Laura this happy with anyone. “Oh and Jack will be flying out tomorrow. He was at a job site when Sam called.” Mike says. “Oh Jack is a fine man.” Paul says. “You’ve met him?” I ask. “Oh Paul and Merideth have been staying with us so that he could surprise Sam when you had the baby.” Laura smiles. “Look who I found in the waiting room.” Sam says with her guitar in one hand and Merideth’s arm hooked in the other. “I didn’t want to crowd you Scarlett.” Merideth says. “Please, your family, I love to have you here.” I say. “Agreed.” Sam says. “She has your eyes Sam.” Merideth says. “Now let’s hear the song for Janina.” I say and Paul hands her back to me and Sam angles a chair so she is facing Janina. “Hey little one. This is called ‘I’ll Be’ . I wrote it for you ok here we go.” Sam says and begins strumming the guitar.  

“When darkness falls upon your heart and soul.”
“I'll be the light that shines for you”
“When you forget how beautiful you are”
“I'll be there to remind you”
“When you can't find your way”
“I'll find my way to you”
“When troubles come around”
“I will come to you”
“I'll be your shoulder when you need someone to lean on”
“Be your shelter”
“When you need someone to see you through”
“I'll be there to carry you”
“I'll be there”
“I'll be the rock that will be strong for you”
“The one that will hold on to you”
“When you feel that rain falling down”
“When there's nobody else around”
“I'll be”
“And when you're there with no one there to hold”
“I'll be the arms that reach for you”
“And when you feel your faith is running low”
“I'll be there to believe in you”
“When all you find are lies”
“I'll be the truth you need”
“When you need someone to run to”
“You can run to me”
“I'll be your shoulder when you need someone to lean on”
“Be your shelter”
“When you need someone to see you through”
“I'll be there to carry you”
“I'll be there”
“I'll be the rock that will be strong for you”
“The one that will hold on to you”
“When you feel that rain falling down”
“When there's nobody else around”
“I'll be”
“I'll be the sun”
“When your heart's filled with rain”
“I'll be the one”
“To chase the rain away”
“I'll be your shoulder when you need someone to lean on”
“Be your shelter”
“When you need someone to see you through”
“I'll be there to carry you”
“I'll be there”
“I'll be the rock that will be strong for you”
“The one that will hold on to you”
“When you feel that rain falling down”
“When there's nobody else around”
“I'll be”
“I'll be”

“She’s asleep. That was beautiful.” I tell her. “Sammy do you remember what I told you when you left the Marines and told me that you were going to explore your music career?” Paul asks. “You told me that I’d make it and I’d be very popular.” Sam says with a smile. “You know you have to say Sam.” He says. “Ugh you are right.” Sam says. “Damn right.” He smiles, she puts her guitar down and motions for me to scoot over. “Sam she just had a baby.” Laura scolds. “And I delivered it plus they are mine.” Sam says as she lays on her side and wraps one arm under my neck so her hand is resting on my upper arm. “You delivered her?” Laura asks, shocked. “I’m not surprised. Let me guess she went full medic mode.” Paul laughs. “She did.” I chuckle softly so I don’t wake up Janina. “First time you’ve delivered a baby while not being shot at.” Paul says and Laura tenses. “Yeah it was kinda weird if I’m being honest. I’ve delivered babies with bombs going off around me. Oh there was that one time when I delivered a baby with a bullet in my shoulder.” Sam says she can’t see Laura cause her back is turned to her. “That’s what that scar is?” Laura asks, pointing at Sam’s shoulder since she’s ust in jeans and a tank top. “Yep hurt like a bitch. But Paul was very good at following my instructions and got the bullet out and sewed me up. I wouldn't be here if he hadn't, Sam says and Laura rushes Paul and literally tackles him as she hugs him. “You saved my baby, thank you.” She says Paul, still in peak shape, is able to stand up taking Laura with him. “He forced me to tell him how to fix it because I was being stubborn.” Sam says. “And you are still stubborn.” I say. “She gets it from me.” Laura says sitting next to my bed in a chair.

A/N
Awe what a cute chapter. Don’t worry Melanie will make a grand entrance being the dramatic queen we love in the next one. This chapter’s  question is what movie had a significant impact in your life and how? Mine is Brave because it taught me that I don’t need a man to save me. Anygays see you in the next one.