Who You Are

"Felix.. I'm-"

"Shh. Pay attention to the steps, we have to demonstrate it." Felix hissed.

With a sigh Hyunjin looked over at Minho, who demonstrated a straight forward four count set with a switch to an eight count, then back to four.

"Usually the taller one leads, but I can do it if you don't feel comfortable." Felix offered.

"No, I got it. It's not terribly difficult." Hyunjin shrugged. He held his hand out for Felix to grab. The younger hesitantly grabbed it, feeling a shock through his system at the contact. Something he stubbornly attributed to the older's cold hands.

Hyunjin held a firm grip and placed the other hand on Felix's waist. With confidence, he started to lead the dance.

"You dance?" Felix asked surprised, his brow raising.

"Mhmm. My mom wanted me to learn when I was younger and I did it for a long time. Just haven't dedicated much time to it in a while." The older smiled softly.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about Woo-" Hyunjin started but was cut off by Felix.

"Please don't mention it... You should have told me, but I overreacted. I'm sorry for yesterday." Felix inspected the mostly cleared up redness on Hyunjin's face, pouting at the redness that was still present in his eyes. "Not just for the spray, but for being so difficult and practically having to babysit me... and for kissing your neck.." Felix cringed his face at what Hyunjin must be thinking right now.

Instead of the anger he was expecting, Hyunjin's face morphed into an amused one and he chuckled lightly but sympathetically. "Everything I said last night, I meant. I'm not mad about any of it, Felix."

The way that Hyunjin was studying his face made Felix blush. "What..?"

"Sorry.. I just really like your freckles. They remind me of stars." Hyunin admitted with a nervous smile.

Felix's blush intensified. Thankfully, he was saved by Minho, who stopped the music that was playing and got everyone's attention back.

"Alright everyone! Now that we have the basic steps down, it's time to get creative. Have fun with it, spin your partner around, you can even dip them if it's safe to do so. Remember, it's all about communication! For those who are interested, we will be switching partners every song as well. If you want to keep your partner or just want to free dance, you can use the edges of the dance floor to avoid getting mixed up in the rotations. Everyone find a new partner!" Minho instructed.

Felix was quickly claimed by an older gentleman while Hyunjin asked the woman next to him to partner up. The next song started to play and soft chatter filled the room.

Hyunjin spun his partner around gently and the woman gave him a big smile. She held their hands up for him to spin around as well, which Hyunjin happily accepted.

He heard Felix giggling behind him and looked over his shoulder towards the freckled boy.

"He's absolutely precious, isn't he?" The woman cooed. Hyunjin turned back to look at her and chuckled with a nod.

"You know this class was his idea?" She continued.

"Really?"

"Yes." She looked at the boy with a fond smile. "He came to the nursing home with this big presentation about staying active and quality of life." She chuckled. "I didn't give any care to the health benefits, it makes me feel young again. Getting to dance with a handsome young man like yourself is simply a treat."

Hyunjin smiled brightly at her and gave her a princely bow before spinning her again. "The pleasure is all mine, truly."

The song ended and it was time to switch partners again. The old woman who was dancing with Hyunjin walked over to Felix and asked him for a dance.