Let's See

Felix tapped on the window in confusion.

"Are you coming?"

Hyunjin looked over and snapped out of his daze, nodding his head while opening the door and stepping out himself.

Felix giggled sweetly, "is everything ok?"

"Y-yeah. Sorry. Lost in thought.. or jetlagged... honestly both."

"Aww" the younger pouted.

Once they entered into the store Felix kept glancing over at the home decor section and biting his cheek.

"Is there something you need from there?" The older asked curiously.

"Hm?"

"You keep looking over there. Do you need anything?"

"Oh.. no I don't. It's silly but I like looking around. Woo says I shouldn't go over there because we have enough candles." Felix chuckled but pouted slightly.

Hyunjin laughed softly but started to walk that way.

"You need something?" The younger asked, realizing where they were going.

"Nope." Hyunjin smiled.

"You don't mind?" Felix asked, full of hesitation.

Hyunjin scrunched his brows and tilted his head questioningly. "No, of course not?" The words came out as a question rather than a statement. He couldn't understand why Felix would feel so hesitant to ask.

The youngers face lit up into a smile. "Really?"

Hyunjin chuckled in confusion. "No... why would that be a problem?"

Felix shrugged. "I guess it's not if you don't think it is. Are you sure?" He looked at Hyunjin with his big brown eyes that sparkled in excitement and a barely controlled smile.

Hyunjin sighed in attempt to restrain himself from cooing like a baby at the expression and he chuckled nervously. "Of course I'm sure. I don't think it's silly to want to look. Don't tell me those puppy dog eyes don't work on Woo?" He asked it as a joke but would never admit that he was genuinely surprised.

Felix blushed lightly and turned his head to hide it. "I wasn't giving you puppy eyes." He grumbled shyly.

Hyunjin scoffed playfully and watched the younger B-line it to the isle of candles.

What Hyunjin didn't know, was that Felix sped up to get away from him, suddenly washed by a wave of guilt at the unexpected tension in the seemingly innocent moment. Hyunjin was not flirting, and he was not flirting, so why did it feel wrong?

In an effort to distract himself, Felix picked up the first candle in sight. He smelled it and let a small smile grow on his face. He put it back down and picked up another one but scrunched his nose, furrowing his brows while putting it back down on the shelf. He quickly picked up the first candle and sniffed it again deeply.

Felix slowly turned to look at Hyunjin, who was now watching him with an amused expression. He walked over and took the candle Felix discarded, opening it, and sniffing it. He actually didn't mind the smell, he really liked floral scents, although it was a bit perfumy for his taste.

"I'm guessing you are not a fan of heavy botanical?" He teased.

Felix shook his head with a disgusted look.

Hyunjin laughed. "Wow so you must really think I stink then?"

Felix looked at him bewildered. "What? No!"

"Relax, I was messing with you. Although, you could tell me if you think I do. I won't be offended." The older shrugged with a small smile.

"That candle smells like those air fresheners that old people use that don't work and give you a bitter taste in your mouth if you breathe it in. You don't smell like that."