Plummeting

"What...?" Hyunjin asked with wide eyes. The question itself didn't surprise him necessarily. Felix was suspicious about his phone notifications so it was kind of a natural assumption to make that he was questioning. What surprised him was how it came out.

Felix widened his own eyes, seemingly in realization of what he just asked. "Actually... nevermind." He chuckled. "You don't owe me an answer to that and I don't expect you to be exclusive when I ca-" the younger rambled as he started to pace back and forth.

Hyunjin kept opening and closing his mouth trying to get a word in but Felix didn't stop spiraling long enough to let him. What he wanted to do was grab his Angel and kiss him to get him to stop like he did the last time, but he was asked not to.

"-n't even give you an answer as to what we are or what exactly I feel for you... goddammit stupid impulse cont-" Felix continued to ramble with an increasingly higher pitched voice.

"Ang-" Hyunjin tried to get through with no luck.

"It's not even like it would change any-"

"Feli-"

"-thing about what we are doing, whateve-"

"Fucking shit Angel, don't make me kiss you again." Hyunjin blurted out with a groan, finally pulling Felix out of his rambling spiral and planting him in place. He looked over at the artist with wide but vulnerable eyes and a blush on his cheeks.

"Goddammit, you can't look at me like that..." He followed up with a sigh and dropped his head back to look at the ceiling.

"Like wha-" Felix attempted to ask hesitantly but Hyunjin beat him go it.

"Like you want me to kiss you." He explained bluntly. "You know how I feel about your rambling... especially if you're gonna look like that and look at me like that..." He continued more longingly. "I'm really trying to be good here.."

The almost pained chuckle in which the last part came out made Felix's mind completely clear and grounded him back down to earth with a soft smile. There it was... the second moment in a single day where the hypothetical drifted too far into reality. The way he could tell that Hyunjin was holding back all restraint... not because he didn't want to get sick, or because he didn't want to push.. or even because he didn't get consent to kiss him. He was holding back simply because Felix asked him to. Because even though they both knew it would have been absolutely worth it to switch spots in a day or two and have Felix make him soup, Hyunjin held back because he promised he would.

If Felix felt like he was falling before, now, it was more like plummeting. With the same soft smile he walked right in front of the artist and looked up at him, despite Hyunjin still avoiding his gaze until the younger took a small step closer.

"Shit..." Hyunjin cursed with a physically shaky breath. Those damn giant honey eyes that broke down any last attempt to deny that he had fallen further than the depths of hell itself for this beautiful creature in front of him. The meaning behind those eyes did him in. They were deep and soft and full of admiration, respect, trust. It was not a lustful gaze like it was earlier that week, it was softer but more intense at the same time.

Felix took the final step to make the tips of their feet touch, purposefully readjusting so that they were perfectly aligned. He placed his small and warm hand on Hyunjin's cheek and smiled softly.

For him, the doubts and securities that occupied his mind a minute earlier, had now turned into a blaring silence. The obvious emptiness that was created by a simple gesture, made him plummet exponentially faster. The way that Hyunjin was now looking back at him with the same expression as his own, made him plummet faster. He didn't know how long it would be before he reached the ground but in this very minute, the only question that truly mattered was answered. Regardless of whatever was going on outside of this very moment, Felix knew that Hyunjin felt the exact same way.