Forget It

Hyunjin woke up from the sound of his phone ringing. He groaned at the pain in his back when he sat up, realizing he had fallen asleep while painting. To make matters worse, his head was resting on his paint pallete, which was now stuck to his face. He peeled it off carefully before reaching behind him to grab his phone that he had placed on the windowsill.

"Hello..?" He croaked out.

"Why do you sound like you just woke up?" Jisung spoke over the other end of the line.

"Because I did.." He ran his hand over his face, groaning when he felt still wet paint streak along with it.

"It's 3 pm." Jisung chuckled.

"Shit.. well, it was a long night. I don't fucking know when I even fell asleep." Hyunjin shrugged with a hoarse voice. He went toward the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, chugging it down immediately.

When Hyunjin turned around and saw what he had actually painted, he scoffed and shook his head.

"Are you dying over there?" Jisung teased, hearing all of the groaning and noises.

"I fell asleep while I was fucking painting. It's not exactly the most comfortable way to wake up." Hyunjin sassed. "Not that I'm ungrateful or anything.. but do you need something?"

"Huh?.. oh! Yes I need something! Felix kissed you?!" Jisung chirped out so loud Hyunjin had to move the phone from his ear.

"He didn't kiss me, more like a peck on my neck." Hyunjin clarified. "Wait.. How do you know about that? He told you?" Hyunjin mumbled as he was brushing his teeth.

"Are you brushing your teeth?" Jisung complained back.

"Get off my ass Sung!"

"Jeez, you are not a morning person..."

"You're the one that woke me up." Hyunjin grumbled after rinsing out his mouth.

"As if I was supposed to know you would be sleeping at 3 pm!" Jisung argued back. "Whatever, that's not the point. Yes, he told me. Why the fuck didn't you?!"

"Because" Hyunjin sighed. "He literally ran out after and currently hates me. It's pretty damn obvious he didn't mean to do it."

"Consciously, sure." Jisung responded with a glint of a smirk. "Look, Felix is like an honest drunk when he's in a mental spiral. He didn't mean to do it, but he wanted to."

"Okay? That doesn't change anything, Jisung. So what he got caught up in the moment? We both know very well that momentary actions don't necessarily mean shit."

"Ugh! Felix isn't like us, Hyunjin." Jisung whined. "He is a fucking ball of sunshine that has a core of highly pressurized anxiety. He overthinks everything. There is no meaningless to him."

"Well then, Felix whisperer. Enlighten me. Because in my eyes, him literally yelling at me to stop the car in the middle of the night to get away from me, overrides any possible meaning he may have had in a peck to my neck." Hyunjin groaned in frustration.

"Both can be true at the same time Hyunjin. He was hurt and overwhelmed. That doesn't mean he hates you, he just literally has no impulse control when his mind is spiraling like that." Jisung explained.

"You are leaving out two very important details, Jisung. Felix is currently not interested in talking to me, or seeing my face for that matter. Also, he is fucking heartbroken. I don't care what his impulses are telling him, I'm not about to take advantage of someone who is so overwhelmed by the shit going on in their life that they don't have the capacity to make informed decisions."