The Angel

"Why would you want to go back there, Lix?" Jisung huffed in genuine frustration. He always tried to be understanding. To try and take care of Felix as best he could, while also letting him do what he felt he needed to be himself. But this.. was concerning.

"He won't be there..." the younger twin defended, getting up and walking to his jacket. He searched through the pockets and pulled out his old set of keys to the apartment. "I need to get my car keys from inside.."

"You're actually taking the car?" Jisung questioned doubtfully, honestly not believing that Felix would view that as anything but a battle.

"I am. Wooyoung's at rehab and I have to help myself, Sung. I want to settle somewhere. To actually be able to rebuild my life fully, and honestly, the boxes in the back room of that center are just tormenting me. I feel like they are just a screaming symbol that I am in transition mode. I'm ready to have them somewhere out of sight." Felix huffed.

Jisung grew a genuine smile. "Well, look at you, baby! Ooohhh if I wasn't with your brother I could kiss you right now!" He cooed excitedly with little claps.

Felix giggled and squeezed the keys tightly in his hand.

"In that case.. do you need a ride tomorrow morning? I know I'm off bu-" jisung started, only to be cut off by the newly independent feeling Felix.. again.

"No. It's your day off, Sungie. I'm letting you stay home and enjoy it. I'll go on Thursday and get it." The younger protested with finality.

"So how are you going to get to the center tomorrow..?" Jisung asked with a raised brow and his arms folded over his chest challengingly.

Felix pursed his lips and hung his head. "I don't know.." He mumbled sadly.

"I'm taking you. You can pick up the car tomorrow. I'll go visit Min after that or something." The older stated with finality in his tone, clearly not taking any excuses or arguments on the topic.

Felix gave his best attempt at a pout and the puppy dog eyes.

"Nope. That only works when you want something. You can't puppy dog eyes your way out of an attempt to help you. I'm happy to take you Lixie! You're finally being fair to yourself!" Jisung whined.

With a grateful smile and a singular final huff/sigh combination, the younger twin nodded his head in agreement. Not an agreement to be happy about it, just an agreement to accept it.

"Great! Now don't be up too late. If you need to set up for the art class tomorrow, you'll need to be done by two. Unless...." Jisung mused.

"I'm not asking Hyunjin. He's too nice and would do it in a heartbeat." Felix literally put his foot down and gave his best challenging look.

"Won't you need the key?" The older asked.

"Shit.." the younger grumbled under his breath. "I'll just get the key but not accept his help." He shrugged in stubborn confidence.

Jisung let out a snicker. "Hm. Let me know how that works out for you. He's as stubborn as you are." He chuckled with sarcasm.

"Fine. I'll show you my convincing skills..." Felix mumbled under his breath challengingly with a glare.

Jisung playfully rolled his eyes and shook his head in amusement. "Goodnight Lixiebug." He cooed.

The glare immediately softened to a bright smile. "Goodnight Sungiepooh!" Felix cooed back playfully.

When his twin disappeared behind the bedroom door, once again, Felix was left alone. He sipped some more of his wine as he relaxed into the couch. The sad part about it all, is that this felt more whole than a couple of months ago, when he sat on the couch, with a glass of wine, but instead of Jisung sleeping, it was Wooyoung. The looming feeling of loneliness felt greater looking back than it did in the moment. He had felt the loneliness for months. It wasn't until he moved in with Jisung, that it slowly started to dissipate. It wasn't until last night, that he didn't feel lonely at all... And that, he figured, was the hardest pill to swallow.