Five;

• Dedicated to Chris

 "I spent the night at Jen's house, is that okay?" I go into the kitchen to see my dad awake as soon as I got home.

He smiles and sips on his coffee. "It sure is. When are you going to call and thank the university?"

"Huh?"

"The University of Miami." He reminds me.

I mentally hit myself in the face. Not a lot of kids forget about the only college they got accepted to. "Oh, right. Well I see no reason to. It's not like they have time to listen to some silly old voicemail."

"It's worth a try."

"Maybe." I answer just to shut him up. I turn and leave to go up the stairs and in to my room, took a shower and got dressed in something different. It's obvious my dad was going to be annoying me about college today and that results in me not coming back home until later.

I may have been walking straight for two hours or so. My legs were starting to give in and the heat from the summer sun didn't make things better for me on this walk. I approached Plates 40, it was a spot where you could hang out, but the kids of my high school took over it, so all you really see in here are teenagers. There was sports on TV, a pool table, and food. I walked in to hear music and see the lights dimmed down a bit, a few people I know are here but it's not like I would talk to them.

I sat down on a bar stool that was directly in front of the concession. The man behind the counter smiled at me. "Can I get you anything?"

"Nachos with jalapenos and a large Pepsi." I tell him, he smiles and starts making my food and in the meantime my eyes were focused on the TV playing a very intense football game.

"Hey." I jump from the voice beside my ear. Turns out it was Harry now sitting beside me.

"Hi." I say as the man hands me my nachos and drink. "Do you want something to eat? It can be my treat."

"No, I'm fine." He shakes his head.

I shrug and grab a chessy chip and put in my mouth, he just sat there fiddling with his fingers. I didn't know what else to say, talking to him was hard because it's like when I start a conversation, he just ends it just by the next sentance. I needed to find something that he'd want to talk about.

"Want to play some pool?" He nods towards an empty pool table.

"I don't know how." I admit.

"Well, how about I play and you stand there."

That's a weird idea. "Why?"

"Why not?" He counters.

I sigh heavily knowing he won't give me a real answer. "Okay, just let me finish my food."

He nods and keeps quiet as I finish up my nachos, he never spoke a word. When I was done, we made our way to the pool table and I crossed my arms around my chest and watched as he began to place the balls in he triangle.

"My friend wants to meet you. She's really cool, funny, smart-"

"No thanks," He cuts me off. "No offense to her, but I'm not good at making friends if you haven't noticed."

I cock my head. "But you talk to me."

He chuckles shaking his head. "Touchè. Chances are you might be the only one."

"The only one," I bit my lip to keep myself from smiling. Harry is top notch attractive and I felt lucky when he basically said I could be his only friend. I'm a girl, sue me.

"But what about Zayn and Liam? You were at their parties."

"Them too." He shrugs.

It was quiet after that for a while, I just continued watching him.