Seventy Two;

• Dedicated to Chris

H A R R Y ' S     P . O . V

I clicked on the channel button trying desperately to find something, anything to watch but nothing caught my interest. I switched the TV off and stood up from my couch stretching.

Before I went off to the kitchen the ringtone of my phone went off, it was my mum. I hit ignore and walked off to the bedroom, I just wasn't in the mood to talk. And it wasn't just to my mum, it was to anybody. It's been a tiring and boring ass week for me, the only time I came out of this house was to go to work. But I barely spoke a word to anyone there, Liam too. He was smart enough to not say anything though, but I know he's curious just as much as anybody else as what's been going on with me. But I know there was one person who was more curious and worried than anybody, at least I think she is.

Not one phone call from Chloe all week, not one. I know I ended things and shouldn't worry about a phone call, but the thing is she never lets things go so easily and so when I wrote that note on a paper I knew shed want to know more, but apparently not.

I can only imagine if she's feeling that emptiness just as much as I am. That feeling when she wakes up and expect to see me or waiting for a goodnight call, but none of those things happened because we're done. We had to be done, seeing her drown was the last straw for me. I'm nothing but an intruder to her perfect fantasy life. Not only do I get on her nerves and confuse her, but now I put her in danger.

Walking away took a lot out of me, more than I thought but I was defeated. I had nothing left in me to fight or argue any longer because I know the truth just as much as everyone else did and that horrid truth is I don't deserve to be with her.

I looked through my cabinets rummaging for some food, and just like all the other times my choices were either cereal or Ramen Noodles. I grabbed a pack of Ramen Noodles and flipped it in my hands before going to find a pot to put it in.

There was a knock on my door, but I completely ignored it. It was probably Sam, lord knows he keeps coming around here.

The knocking gets louder and more desperate. "Harry!"

My eyes scrunch together as I sit the noodles down and listen closely, I could've sworn that was her voice.

"Harry! It's me!" The voice calls again, it was her.

I walk over to the door and look through the peephole just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, but I wasn't. I know that Chloe was short, but I was able to see the top of her brown hair.

I swung the door open confused on the outside, but relieved to finally see her after what felt like so long on the inside.

"Chloe, what the hell?"

She didn't say anything and only wrapped her arms tightly around my neck burrowing her face in the side of my neck. I stumbled back a bit from the unecpected impact but quickly caught myself. She was breathing heavily and her body was warm in my arms. An unintentional whimper escapes her lips as I wrap my arms tighter around her waist, maybe she did miss me more than I doubted.

"Sweetheart," I speak barely above a whisper. "What are you doing here?"

She pulls away from me with a frown on her lips, she tugs at her clothes "Y-You don't want me here?"

"It's not that...it's just..." In the middle of trying to figure out what I was really trying to say, I squint my eyes doing my best to make out the frame of her face through the light of the hallway.

"What the fuck?" I reach out to brush the mark on the side of her face, but she flinches away. "Who the hell who did this?"

"Harry I-"