Thirty Seven;

• Dedicated to Chris

Harry's tongue rested between his lips as he focused intently on whatever the hell was underneath the hood of that car, but whatever he was trying to loosen up I was praying that it'd take a while because seeing him work like this; sweat dripping down his forehead with dirt covering his hands was all too eye opening for me.

He has a bandana wrapped around his head only making him look irresistible and that's when that dream came to mind once again.

I've been standing here for probably two or three hours, but I wasn't bored at all because in the meantime all I did was stare at Harry but quickly look away when he glanced at me.

"Chloe?"

"Huh?" I snap out of my daydream and blink, it must've been at least sixty seconds since I last blinked.

"Didn't you hear me? I said can you hand me the wrench?" He smiles from ear to ear knowingly.

"Oh, yeah. Sure. Here." I bend down picking up the wrench that was on the ground and hand it to him, he goes into the same position before and twists and turns. All the while my eyes travel to his biceps, I could now see the veins pressing against his skin as he began to tighten.

"Alright, I'm done for the day." Harry closes the hood and dusts his hands off with a nearby towel.

He shifts his attention back towards me, I glance away leaning against the car pretending to look at something else. Out of the corner of my eye I see him slowly walk up to me with his lips turned up into a smirk, he stands in front of me and throws the towel aside and places his hands on the hood of the car trapping me between his arms.

"You don't have to be shy around me."

"I'm not." That's a lie.

"So, what should we eat?"

"How about-" I was cut off by my phone ringing.

Harry looks down at the caller ID too, but he groans seeing it was my dad. He snatched the phone from me quickly.

"Just ignore it."

"Give me it back." I reach for it, but he holds it up in the air.

"No, we have only the rest of the day to ourselves before he comes back tomorrow and then we are gonna have to fucking sneak around again."

"I know that, but in the meantime I won't him to think that everything is normal. Now give me the phone." I spit.

He holds my intent gaze before breathing heavily and answering the phone. He rests his hands on either side of my head right on the hood of the car watching me as I took the call.

"Hey dad, how's the trip?"

"Perfect," He says in a hardy voice. "We caught a few fishes yesterday, they weren't too big. But maybe we'll find something today. How's everything back at home?"

"Fine, I've just been relaxing the past few days."

Harry rolls his eyes. "Oh, well don't forget about my rules."

"I won't, I remember everything."

I hear Charlie in the background scream, "Daddy, daddy I got something!"

"Did you? Uhm, Chloe I gotta go."

"Okay." I laugh at his eagerness. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright, I love you and be careful. Bye." He rushes before hanging up not giving ne a chance to bid him a proper goodbye.

I shake my head laughing softly as I hang up and look back up at Harry.

"Done?"

"Yes, you now have my attention." I tease.

He chuckles and backs away a bit pulling me along with him by my wrist. He doesn't hold my hand, he seems to only do that with our...intimate moments.

"Let's get out of here, we'll pick up some chinese on our way to my place."

"Okay."

"You should stay the night." He suggested as we began to walk away and towards his parked car on the side of the road, he drops my wrist when a gray car pulls up and out steps Sam.

Harry tenses beside me and clenches his jaw repeatedly. Honestly, I think he was just being ridiculous. This is his family.

"Hi Sam, it's nice to see you again." I wave when he approaches us.

I ignore Harry's glare as Sam smiles back at me and then looks at Harry, "Hey Chloe...Harry."

"What do you want?" Harry says harshly.

"I was wondering if you could kind of help me out with my car, my brakes are a little rusted. I'm old, but I still feel too young to die." He cracks a smile.

"Yeah, that'd be tragic." Harry replies sarcastically.

Sam looks hurt for a solitary moment, but brushes it off with another faint smile. "So, what do you say? Can you help me?"

"I can't, my shift's over. Have one of the other guys here do it."

"Maybe tomorrow?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to." Harry storms away without even looking over his shoulder.

"You know, Harry actually gave me that book, Looking For Alaska. I hope you don't mind."

"Chloe." Harry tries to capture my attention.

"Just wait." I snap quickly before focusing back on Sam.

Sam seems a bit taken back, but yet impressed at my attitude. "Uhm, no I don't mind it at all. Do you like it so far?"

"Oh. I've already read it a thousand times but it's nice to have my own copy."

"Nice to know you enjoy it so much."

"Yeah," I smile and nod. "Well, I'll see you around hopefully."

"Sure."

I waltz over to Harry as he stood there frustratrd waiting by his car, he narrows his eyes up and over my shoulder at Sam as he gets in his car and drives away.

He looks back down at me. "What the hell was that?"

"There's no use in the both of us being rude to him, now does it?"

"Chloe, I'm not trying to be rude, but you really need to mind your own business."

"I didn't know that having a conversation with someone is getting in someone else's business. It's not like I was asking him questions or anything."

"Are you always so friendly?"

"Why?"

"Because it's a bit annoying." He smirks taking a step closer to me and leans in to kiss me but I back away.

"You can't just call me annoying and then try to kiss me."

"You are really complicated." He comments shaking his head.

"No, I'm not actually. I can't say the same for you though."

Harry is hard to figure out, he has so many traits of characters bottled as one and I'm easy to judge right off the back.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're just a bit hard to understand, that's all."

"Are you willing to try and understand me?" He asks in a serious tone of voice.

I furrow my eyebrows confused but nod regardless. "Yeah."

He licks his lips. "Can I kiss you now?"

I restrain my smile and suddenly remember something. "That time when I stood you up after the first time you came  to my house; what did you need to show me down at the beach?"

He furrows his eyebrows thinking hard and then it's like a lightbulb goes off in his head and he tugs at the end of his hair. "Well it's been about a week or two now, I don't know if they are still there."

"Is what still there?"

"Do you want to go and see?"